FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve keeps crashing when rendering cinemgadng (Render timed out waiting for frame xxxx)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrik Ingvarsson
Davinci Resolve keeps crashing when rendering cinemgadng (Render timed out waiting for frame xxxx)
on Nov 12, 2013 at 9:19:25 pm

Hi folks!

I'm currently grading one of my first shorts in Davinci Resolve, but, resolve keeps crashing every time I try to render several cinemadng clips to 422.
After a while a error message appears saying something like "Render timed out wating for frame xxxx (ex. frame 1103"), when I then press "ok" Davinci freezes and the render stops. This happens every time I try to render several cinemadng clips at once, however though, If I were to render one clip at a time, it mostly works fine (mostly).

I first imported the raw cinemadng footage in to Davinci and made proxis out of it (even this time it crashed on several occasions), then I brought it in to premiere, exported it from there to XML to davinci, were I performed a raw colorgrading on the raw material (linking the clips worked fine), after I've graded a few clips on the timeline davinci bacame incredibly slow, not knowing why I thought it would be best to render out the clips that I've graded and so I could get rid of them and keep working on the clips left. But, davinci keeps crashing / freezes I'm running out of time so rendering each clip at a time will take ages and the film is supposed to be done next week :/ I'm super stressed over this, I would really appreciate some help, I really would!

This problem occurs both in Davinci Resolve 9 lite & 10 lite, I'm sitting on a new MacBook Pro 15" retina 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 2.7GHz i7 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB , the footage we're working with is from an Ikonoskop A-CAM that delivers CinemaDNG files.

As I said, I would really appreciate some help on this one, thanks in advance
//Patrik

Ps. sorry for my English, I'm from Sweden

Return to posts index

Silver Siilak
Re: Davinci Resolve keeps crashing when rendering cinemgadng (Render timed out waiting for frame xxxx)
on Dec 3, 2013 at 9:38:14 am

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Both, with Resolve 9 and 10. Computer is iMac 27" (late 2012), the most powerful version at that time. May this be some Resolve vs Mac bug?

I see that nobody has turned much attention on this complaint, so this is is probably not something that happens with most of the users.

Anybody cares to provide a little help, because for me this is a showstopper issue?

Thank you,
Silver (from Estonia) :)

Return to posts index

Patrik Ingvarsson
Re: Davinci Resolve keeps crashing when rendering cinemgadng (Render timed out waiting for frame xxxx)
on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:31:26 pm

Hi Silver Siilak

Here you can read how to get rid of this problem:

http://nofilmschool.com/2013/11/background-rendering-premiere-fcpx-osx-mave... (this also goes for Davinci)

Regards
Patrik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]