FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to change the framerate of a project

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
How to change the framerate of a project
on Nov 8, 2013 at 11:31:49 pm

How do you change the framerate of a project, e.g the framerate displayed in the "FrameRate" of the Project Manager? This doesn't seem to be directly linked to the playback frame rate or video format framerate in the project settings config. The only way I can figure out to change this is to create a new project and then import a piece of media at the new frame rate at which point Resolve asks if I would like to change the project frame rate to match that first piece of media. Thanks! -Nat

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: How to change the framerate of a project
on Nov 9, 2013 at 12:36:02 am

Once you create the project and import the material you can not change the frame rate. You must set the frame rate first.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Nov 9, 2013 at 12:57:31 am

Nat, you need to set the conform frame rate. The playback rate is quite different and defines the target playback speed while grading.

As Jake said, set it prior to adding clips to the Media Pool as all timecode calculations are made based on the conform rate as the clips are added.
Peter

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Nov 9, 2013 at 1:02:55 am

Aha. got it. The "timecode calculated at" field has always been perplexing to me.

This would be an appropriate time for me to take issue with the phrase "timecode calculated at 23.976".

In my opinion this is mis-leading / false, since timecode for both 23.976fps and 24fps is actually "calculated" at 24 (24.000) fps. The only instance in which TC is not "calculated" at 24.000fps in in the case of drop frame TC, which is not relevant to typical 23.976 / 24 fps.

Thanks guys!
-nat

Return to posts index

Kevin Wong
on Nov 29, 2013 at 3:36:59 am

Any advice on what to do with a project I already graded that is at 24 but the source material is at 23.976?

Return to posts index

Yaz Rabadi
on Jan 15, 2015 at 1:22:52 am

Hey there,

I'm assuming that you've found a workaround by now, but I came up against the same problem and found a bit of a work around with the issue.

I basically opened a new project in Resolve, set the new frame rate (23.97), imported all my RAW BMCC files again, and then imported an EDL (not XML), and it worked. My cut from Premiere linking to the RAW BMCC files.

And yeah, I realize now Premiere does BMCC RAW now... sigh. :)

Yaz Rabadi
Rabid Pictures Inc.
http://www.rabidpictures.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]