FORUMS: list search recent posts

LightSpace CMS profiling PatchSize support in Resolve 10?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
LightSpace CMS profiling PatchSize support in Resolve 10?
on Nov 8, 2013 at 9:54:15 pm

Hi Dwaine (and any other Resolve engineers who are lurking here),

I'm really ecstatic about the integrated LightSpace CMS profiling support in Resolve 10. I'm so glad that I no longer have to screw around with generating DPX patchfiles, linking them up with EDLs and manually syncing Resolve with LightSpace's profiling sequence.

However, as I'm calibrating a Plasma display, the inability of Resolve to honor the PatchSize settings in the LightSpace Network Manager is, sadly, limiting its usefulness for me and I'm sure a lot of other Plasma users (cue the requisite lecture by Steve Shaw about the horrors of Plasmas and ABL here...)

From what I understand (based on my personal communication with Steve Shaw), the PatchSize feature was added to the LightSpace CMS Network Manager panel, specifically so that Resolve could read this setting and output appropriately sized profiling patches, but that the ball is now in BMD's court, as far as actually supporting this very necessary profiling option.

Is support for LightSpace PatchSize settings on the table for inclusion in a future build of Resolve 10?

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
Re: LightSpace CMS profiling PatchSize support in Resolve 10?
on Nov 8, 2013 at 11:09:12 pm

Lol "cue the requisite lecture by Steve Shaw about the horrors of Plasmas and ABL here..."

I agree this would be a welcome feature!

We can't all have Dolby Prm-4200 monitors and the Panny Plasmas (specifically the BT300) are great client monitors and it would be good to have this feature to get them profiled quickly for calibration.

I imagine this is a problem on BMDs end and could be resolved possibly be having scaling settings applied to the signal from Lightspace.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Nov 9, 2013 at 1:00:56 am

We are looking into this.
Peter

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:37:39 am

Sweet :)
Because its a defacto-standard

A slice of color...

Resolve 10.0.0.073 , Smoke 2013 EXT
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]