FORUMS: list search recent posts

copy only flagged clips to a new timeline...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
copy only flagged clips to a new timeline...
on Nov 6, 2013 at 12:39:33 am

Is there a way to copy only clips that have been flagged to a new timeline?

Or some other solution? Situation comes up frequently… Doing some look Development with a DP during shooting… Load in all footage to date into a giant timeline. Now scrub though and choose some shots to grade flagging them as I go.

But now I want to copy the used clips to a new timeline. why not just filter those? a) because I'd like to edit them down and b) because I'd like to delete the other timeline so the project is not filled with thousands of clips.

It seems there must be a way to do this right?
best-
Nat

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: copy only flagged clips to a new timeline...
on Nov 6, 2013 at 2:43:39 am

You can flag selected shots and choose to show only the shots with flags in the timeline. Done.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:54:43 am

In media pool, sort by flagged clips and in edit page select them and append to empty timeline.
Peter

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Nov 6, 2013 at 12:10:03 pm

Hi Peter,

A flag feature that I'd love to see would be render flagged clips as single clip when exporting image sequences. I realise that this would be confusing for movie files as the TC jumps around but would be a massive help on image sequences.

Here's why:

I have a feature that I've rendered as a TIFF sequence as Name_Frame number (title_0090000 etc) and then there are, say 20 tweaks to do following feedback from the Producer. If i flag the 20 clips, correct them and then try to export from a 'view flags only' timeline I can only export as source files which won't give the frames the correct naming structure to copy over the 'bad' frames.

I'm left making a 20 deep batch render with in and out points which can't be double checked once you've added it to the list and is easy to mess up at 11pm.
Michael

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:35:22 pm

Thanks Peter, this is a great suggestion but it doesn't work because:

a) the color grades from my current sequence are not copied to the new sequence why I do this. i guess I could try to do that and they do a color trace, but that seems like a bit of a nightmare.

b) Also, I have many sequences with various flags in them. I just want to take only the flagged items in the sequence that I have been working in and copy those to a new sequence, not every flagged shot in the project.

I guess one approach would be do duplicate the project, delete all sequences except the one that I'm working on, then sort by flagged in the media pool, drag to a new timeline, then color trance from my old sequence, then export an XML file and bring back into the old project.

but that is super complex to simply take my flagged clips and place them in a new timeline! hmmm.

Thanks though!
best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:22:18 pm

hi Jake, the problem is like I said:

"why not just filter those? a) because I'd like to edit them down and b) because I'd like to delete the other timeline so the project is not filled with thousands of clips."

thanks though!
-N

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Nov 6, 2013 at 6:24:43 pm

Unable to try this at the moment, but couldn't you sort the sequence in question by flagged material, select all (via Lasso), copy and paste into a new sequence?

Seems like that should work...

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow

Return to posts index

Nat Jencks
on Nov 8, 2013 at 6:03:47 pm

Nope. Because you can only lasso (select) clips in the edit mode, and you cannot choose to display only flagged clips in edit mode, only in color mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]