FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve easyDCP

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boris Tivchev
Resolve easyDCP
on Nov 5, 2013 at 9:53:38 am

Hi,

I was wondering how one can produce a DCDM using Resolve and easyDCP. Turns out it can't be done with easyDCP Plugin nor with the standalone version. Would exporting XYZ TIFF 16bit do the trick? Is it as straightforward as that?

Many thanks,
Boris

Return to posts index

michael stirling
Re: Resolve easyDCP
on Nov 5, 2013 at 10:35:32 am

yes,

A 16 bit tiff in XYZ space is good for DCDM but you actually want to render 16 bit tiff RGB with a rec709 to XYZ LUT on the output if you are monitoring in Rec709. I believe the tiff XYZ is for rendering from P3.

Michael

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
on Nov 5, 2013 at 11:01:52 am

Thanks, Michael,

So if Im monitoring in P3 on a FSI 2461W I can than render out 16bit TIFF in XYZ for DCDM? Is that correct?

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Nov 5, 2013 at 12:07:03 pm

Yes,

I follow the rec709 workflow but I believe that to be correct. I know there are a few people on here that follow that workflow and will hopefully confirm when America wakes up.

I'm amazed that you are grading P3 on the 2461W. When I profiled mine with Lightspace I found the panel couldn't quite show P3 green in the x axis even in WIDE GAMUT profile.

Michael

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
on Nov 5, 2013 at 12:23:45 pm

I see. Probably not a good idea then. May I ask what is the proper REC709 workflow?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Nov 5, 2013 at 1:11:43 pm

For delivering a DCDM Tiff sequence use the the rec709 to DCI XYZ LUT as an output LUT in settings from a rec709 project. Render out 16bit RGB tiffs at your delivery size.

The XYZ tiff option is confusing but in a thread about this some time ago, one of the sage members of this group identified the above as the correct workflow. Actually, I often do the XYZ transform in easyDCP from a 709 colorspace RGB tiff sequence but if your client requires a proper DCDM then that means XYZ. Smaller producers that aren't just filling in the spec from a distributor have sometimes wanted an RGB DCDM as it's more useful (for things other than DCP) but I think it might not be officially a DCDM in that case.

M

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
on Nov 5, 2013 at 1:53:01 pm

Thanks, Michael, you have been of great help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]