FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow Problems

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roddy Blelloch
Workflow Problems
on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:28:40 am

Hi, I'm new to the world of DaVinci and color grading. I am a DP not an editor or colorist with a vast knowledge of Photoshop CS6 for my stills work. I recently purchased a BM Pocket camera and have been trying to grade my footage but have been unable to load into Resolve 10 Lite. I concluded that I must first load into NLE software before Resolve 10. Ok, I'm coming to terms with the additional steps, but Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 crashes every time I hit the import button. I've followed the guidelines and don't know where I've gone wrong. Anyway, my iMac is the latest 2012 with the following specs:
27"
3.4 ghz i7
32gbs ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 675 1024mb
OS 10.8.5

If you have advice for this novice I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Workflow Problems
on Nov 7, 2013 at 4:58:57 pm

[Roddy Blelloch] "have been unable to load into Resolve 10 Lite. "

You should be able to import supported media by navigating to it in the "media" page. Lasso the clips and "add into media pool". This should create a Master Timeline with all your clips on it, ready for treatment.

This procedure is required for the application to function as a "dailies" workflow. More insight may be gained by reading the manual section on creating dailies. An added feature of this workflow is that you can create either an XML or AAF that will serve as an entree to the NLE of your choice for importing your treated footage.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]