FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Override Input Scaling" not working -- OR -- How to adjust for a framing leader

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Bader
"Override Input Scaling" not working -- OR -- How to adjust for a framing leader
on Nov 1, 2013 at 2:16:47 am

Hi guys,

The background: I'm starting a project shooting on the Alexa XT. The camera shoots 16:9 (1.77:1), but we're framing for 1.85:1. In a perfect world, the framing is dead center and I believe I can just crop the top and bottom off by going into Project Settings: Image Scaling: Center crop with no resizing or Scale full frame with crop, and then load the 16:9 images into a 1.85:1 timeline. This seems to work well.

My problem: we shot a framing leader, and if it happens to be off from the center by a little bit, I need to adjust it. I can go in to Sizing: Input Sizing on the Color panel and pan and tilt the image around to place it where I want it. I can then save a preset and use this every time. However, we'll be doing this for a few weeks, and I don't want to have to do this to every clip individually.

It looks like what I should do is go into Project Settings: Image Scaling: and choose Override input scaling and use my preset there. However, that doesn't seem to do anything.

It does appear to work if I select each clip on the Color page and change the Input Sizing preset from "None," which is what appears on every new clip, to "Project." But there's got to be a step I'm missing. How can I make this apply to every new clip I import?

Also, if this isn't the ideal way to adjust for a framing leader, please let me know.

I'm using Resolve 10 Lite at home while I research, but Resolve 10 full at work.

Thank you!

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]