FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML Import problems between Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simeon Pratt
XML Import problems between Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite
on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:59:15 pm

I am having problems importint FCP XML into Davinci Resolve 9 Lite. When the XML is exported from FCPX and I attempt to load it into Resolve, the XML file is simply grayed out, and I can't even attempt to import it. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems like an easy fix, I just am not able to select the XML for Resolve import. I am working on a Macbook Pro.

Simeon

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: XML Import problems between Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite
on Oct 24, 2013 at 4:01:48 pm

Is your file identified with a ".xml" at the end?

Return to posts index

Simeon Pratt
on Oct 24, 2013 at 4:21:56 pm

Yes, they are followed by .fcpxml, and I also used just plain .xml.

Return to posts index

Cristyan Moreno
on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:52:54 am

I had the exact same problem, I exhaustively searched the web and I think we are the only two people in the world that this happens to. I came to conclusion that the problem was Final Cut's XML and not Resolve.

My solution, I upgraded my Final Cut Pro X from version 10.0.5 to 10.0.9 in order to be able to export a newer version of XML (1.2).

Worked like a charm!!!

Hope this helped !!!

Cristyan J. Moreno
Film Director
@elcrysto

Return to posts index

Robert Ansley
on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:06:15 pm

Problem has started all over again. The latest version of FCP outputs XML in version 1.3 My full copy of Resolve with latest updates says it only supports 1.2 I've got a very complicated timeline that I really don't want to color correct all the footage and then recreate my edits.

Return to posts index

Simeon Pratt
on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:10:39 pm

I came across the same problem. If you are using a Mac, download TextWrangler (free) or another text editing app and simply change XML 1.3 to 1.2. After doing this, save the XML and proceed normally. I had no more problems after doing this.

Return to posts index

Robert Ansley
on Jan 18, 2014 at 4:54:50 pm

Thanks for the tip about TextWrangler. I got an email from DaVinci saying they were working on it but could not give an ETA. I don't think it will ever work. I shot raw on Blackmagic. I made proxy files thru Resolve that I could edit with FCPX. 118 clips total with 118 sound clips with a Zoom H4N. I synched those and so FCPX creates 118 new clips in the event folder. Resolve has to have the files imported to know what the XML is referring to but those clips don't exist in raw form. They only exist in proxy form as created by FCPX. FCPX knows it is referring to the original proxy clip but this seems to confuse Resolve. Some of the compound clips didn't work either.

And I'd like to say a word about the gentleman who stated it was irresponsible to update in the middle of the project. I have , at any given moment, about a half dozen customers with a dozen or more projects at various stages of completion. I can't afford to stop all new work, finish all old work, update, then start new jobs again. That would leave an income gap that my finances can't handle. So I back up with Time Machine and hope for the best.

Return to posts index

John Murphy
on Oct 25, 2013 at 1:12:53 pm

Hi, I found this thread by a google search as I've been having the same issue between FCPX exported .fcpxml files and Resolve 9 Lite.

I've found that Resolve 9 Lite had the Movies folder on my Macintosh HD set as it's main HD, but the project I'm woking on is on an external HD - once I added the External HD folders that contained the FCPX Event and the scratch folder that contained the exported .fcpxml file to Resolve's list of media sources (in Preferences - Media Storage - Scratch Disks) and restarted Resolve; the .fcpxml file was no longer greyed out and I could import the timeline.

Return to posts index

Tyler Johnson
on Jan 30, 2014 at 4:38:33 am

Make sure to download Resolve from their website instead of the Apple Store.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]