FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sapphire vs ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael stirling
Sapphire vs ?
on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:17:43 pm

We've been trailing Genarts Sapphire for a little while now and are probably going to take the plunge and buy. Before we do does anyone know what else is out there OFX package-wise that could been seen as competition to Sapphire.

I just hate buying the 1st thing I see...

Michael

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
Re: Sapphire vs ?
on Oct 24, 2013 at 7:34:26 pm

I'd be interested in hearing this as well.

Particularly for beauty work..

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:31:25 pm

Count me in. Especially love the time related effects in Saphire!, and the lens flare is quite decent. But the price puts me off somewhat.

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:31:58 pm

There is nothing better...
I am quite a plugin sucker and followed the development through my Dfusion, Nuke and Autodesk years...
Its unmatched in complexity, control , quality and reliability.
Its also not their fault everyone else if giving software for free these days ;)

A slice of color...

Resolve 10b3 , Smoke 2013 EXT
Colorist / VFX / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:19:59 pm

Hi Sascha,

That is fair enough but the price tag is steep and I feel that the toolset is too expansive for a Colourist. I have made the point to Genarts that a cut down Sapphire of the more useful tools for a grader at a lower price point might result in a lot more sales. I can't see how to easily use many things in the context and time constraints of a client attended grade session and other things just don't work correctly within Resolve. The transitions for instance can't be added to the edit page and in the Color page just transition to black rather than alpha.

M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]