FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nodes preview problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel lefu
Nodes preview problem
on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:54:13 pm

Hello,

I spent 2 days looking for information (internet, forums, various training tutorials…) about a curious problem I have with Resolve 10 Lite.

Does anyone have an idea whats is this trouble, where it comes from and how I could fix it?

The problem :
Inside 2 clips of my TimeLine, I have all their nodes with a generic icons similar to the rendering icons which appear on a TimeLine clips when you select "Mark clip for render cache". I mean in their Node Tree graphs, all the node have the same icon with the 2 "recycling" arrows in a round shape, instead of the clip previews.
Other clip's Nodes Tree Graph are fine, with a preview for each node.
My Nodes Tree Graphs are nor so "heavy" : ( or 5 Nodes, with serials and one Parallel Node.

How could I make the previews back in these 2 Clips' Nodes Tree graphs?

I guess the problem is linked with the Rendering cache. I tried all the Cache rendering settings and it did not change anything. I tried to put On or Off the rendering cache : no help. I tried to modify one of the Nodes to try to force Resolve to update the Cache Rendering settings : no change. :-(

I spent 3 days on a complex rotoscoping so I would like to avoid to reset all my Nodes Tree Graphs.
Any idea/advice welcome !

PS : I am using a MacBook Pro Retina with Mac OS X 10.8.5, the CUDA driver of my GT 650M is updated and I am using Resolve Lite 10 10.0b.033.

6656_resolvenodespreview.jpeg.zip

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: Nodes preview problem
on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:37:04 pm

what does happen if you reimport them again?
or relink them to exact copies of your media?

you should be able to copy the grade with
all the keyframes (at least theoretically...).

Return to posts index

Gabriel lefu
on Oct 22, 2013 at 1:52:06 pm

Thank you, Andy, for your reply and advices.

Reimport and trying to relink the footage did not solve the problem.

But I found the mysterious icons are linked to a "non-logical" connection in the Nodes Graph Tree. For example, if there is one Serial Node connected to an outside Node, with a alpha connexion (dotted line) but no usual Node connexion (straight line) between the 2 Nodes, Resolve seems to show a logical trouble in the tree with the icons. But I did not yet understand whether this is the only reason why the icons are displayed in the Tree Nodes Graph rather than the usual Preview, or if there is another problem in my logical hierarchy.

I already spent too many hours and the Resolve's bugs don't help (specially, the fact the previews don't always be updated as soon as you modify a parameters…) for a newbie like me, so I will probably follow your advice and restart my tree Nodes from fresh copying the rotoscoping powerGlove data.

Return to posts index

Jesse Wood
on Feb 20, 2014 at 5:22:25 pm

I'm having the same problem. It's really annoying. Resolve 10 lite.

Ever figure out a solution aside from starting over on that clip?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Feb 20, 2014 at 5:42:25 pm

You can't have any "free floating nodes". Delete all the unconnected nodes and you should see picture.

http://JuanSalvo.com
http://theColourSpace.com

Return to posts index

Jesse Wood
on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:32:27 pm

Got it.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]