I am editing and grading a commercial on a PC setup and the client wants a ProRes 4444 file as final delivery (old story).
I am editing a commercial in Premiere Pro CS6. The footage was shot on Alexa and the files are ProRes 4444 1920x1080 25p.
My workflow as follows:
1. Edit the commercial using native ProRes 4444 files in Premiere.
2. Export XML from Premiere and import XML in Resolve.
3. Grade project.
4. Render to 1080p/25 DNxHD 444 10-bit.
5. Re-import XML to Premiere.
6. Add sound mix, titles, graphics, etc.
7. Export a MOV from Premiere using 1080p/25 DNxHD 444 10-bit.
8. Drop the MOV in a new Premiere timeline on a Mac.
9. Export final MOV as ProRes 4444.
Would this be a good way to go about it? Obviously, the goal is to not lose any quality in the process.