FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Change Source Folder' DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Bailey
'Change Source Folder' DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite
on Oct 10, 2013 at 5:47:47 pm

I'm sure this one has been beaten over the head plenty of times, but I can't seem to get a grasp on what's going on here. I've read many forums posted about this but none of them discuss the issue (or stupidity) I'm experiencing.

So I was working on a grade of one of my projects with a colorist and I wanted to do some final touch-ups on my own (as the cinematographer) so I grabbed to project.drp file as well as the media on my personal hard drive. I have no problems loading the project. I'm just uncertain about the change source media function.

When I open the command it asks me to change the source "From" (I input the previous source media location, mind you I don't have the drive that it was originally on) and then change the "To" option to where the media is now on my own hard drive. I press change and nothing happens.

The media remains black however I noticed that on the Metadata window, the Directory has kept the previous source media location and just tacked on my source media location to the directory name.

What is happening here? Do I need the original drive with the media on it for it to translate properly?
Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Jon Wright
Re: 'Change Source Folder' DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite
on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:50:58 am

I've found this happens sometimes when my source files are in a number of different folders. My previous logic has said 'If I link to the root it will sort itself out', but what I've actually found is that I have to change the source of a group of clips that are in common folders at once.

Don't know if this is that case with your project, but for example if I have a drive full of Alexa footage in subfolders of reels, I have to change the source for each reel individually for it to work.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved