FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Change Source Folder' DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Bailey
'Change Source Folder' DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite
on Oct 10, 2013 at 5:47:47 pm

Hi,

I'm sure this one has been beaten over the head plenty of times, but I can't seem to get a grasp on what's going on here. I've read many forums posted about this but none of them discuss the issue (or stupidity) I'm experiencing.

So I was working on a grade of one of my projects with a colorist and I wanted to do some final touch-ups on my own (as the cinematographer) so I grabbed to project.drp file as well as the media on my personal hard drive. I have no problems loading the project. I'm just uncertain about the change source media function.

When I open the command it asks me to change the source "From" (I input the previous source media location, mind you I don't have the drive that it was originally on) and then change the "To" option to where the media is now on my own hard drive. I press change and nothing happens.

The media remains black however I noticed that on the Metadata window, the Directory has kept the previous source media location and just tacked on my source media location to the directory name.
i.e /Volumes/NEW_DIRECTORY/PREVIOUS_DIRECTORY

What is happening here? Do I need the original drive with the media on it for it to translate properly?
Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Tyler

Return to posts index

Jon Wright
Re: 'Change Source Folder' DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite
on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:50:58 am

I've found this happens sometimes when my source files are in a number of different folders. My previous logic has said 'If I link to the root it will sort itself out', but what I've actually found is that I have to change the source of a group of clips that are in common folders at once.

Don't know if this is that case with your project, but for example if I have a drive full of Alexa footage in subfolders of reels, I have to change the source for each reel individually for it to work.

Hope that helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]