FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve 10 Beta 3 released

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Chamberlain
DaVinci Resolve 10 Beta 3 released
on Oct 10, 2013 at 6:39:10 am

Hello, we are pleased to announce that we have posted DaVinci Resolve 10 Beta 3 on our support web site.
There are new DaVinci Resolve 10 Mac, Mac Lite, Windows, Windows Lite and Linux installers at http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support

Besides a number of fixes we were also able to include
-Audio Fade In/Out and level controls on audio clips
-An improved Media Pool layout to make it easier to manage edit bins
-VFX I/O LUTs
-Sony RAW color temperature and tint controls
-Support for JPEG frame decoding for use in the timeline
-Support for P2 MXF decoding
-Support for AVC-Intra mov decoding with Final Cut Pro installed
-Support for decoding of 12-bit luminance DPX files

This release also now reads v9 projects for customers using PostGres databases so after you back up your v9 database you can upgrade to the new v10 database. Disk database customers can continue to use their existing database.

Peter

Return to posts index

Robert Due
Re: DaVinci Resolve 10 Beta 3 released
on Oct 10, 2013 at 6:08:28 pm

Great news. Thanks for the continuous updates. I have yet to pull the trigger because I am on Lion. (10.7.5) Do you know of anyone using Resolve 10 on Lion with any success?

Robert Due
Editor / Colorist
INDEPENDENT EDIT
DaVinci Resolve 9.1.1
OSX 10.7.5
MacPro 8-core 4,1 2.93 Ghz
24GB RAM
Nvidia GT120 GUI
Cubix Expander with 2 x GTX570 (CUDA 5.0.36)
Decklink Extreme3D+
Panny BT-LH1710P/ Panny BT-LH2600W
Tangent Wave

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 10, 2013 at 8:32:58 pm

Peter.
I know many already had asked in the past, but I'm going to ask again.
Instead of "Besides a number of fixes we were also able to include " it would be nice to list those fixes, so we wouldn't have to scour the software for those fixes. It is a SOP to list ALL changes between versions of software.
Also, BM Pro Retina, the GUI is cut off on the right side in the edit mode to the point, that you can only see the missing controls, if you click on the arrow under the edit window to hide the Media pool and the Tool box. Also, the Timeline window in the Edit mode is square and it can't be resized to make it any other size. The GUI is cut off on the bottom as well, just not as much.
Also selecting USB Soundsticks for the playback disables the sound altogether.
I can see, that it's still impossible to see the dots for selecting LOG Vs Primaries or any curve selection. They are TOO dark now. What was wrong with the light dots, that we had before?

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 10, 2013 at 9:01:53 pm

I'm confused about the Razor blade operation.
First, I find the place for the cut. I select the Blade, the cursor changes to the Blade and I assume, that the Cut happens on the place of the cursor in the Timeline, the Snapping is ON. Then I want to make a second cut. Now, when I try to find the place for the second cut, there appears a second thinner cursor in the timeline. The main big cursor is firmly planted on the first cut and can't be easily moved. How do I mark the second cut precisely, with the thin cursor? But it always moves. I can't figure this out. Why are there two cursors?

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:45:30 am

Hi Jake, we will look into the dots. The blade editing operation lets you select multiple slice points, as you move the blade along the clip your viewer updates so you can cut, cut, cut. if you want frame accurate cuts with the playhead, use Command B.

My retina MBP 15" displays all the UI ok. I have it set for best for retina display. Are you on 15"?
The edit timeline can be made wider or taller with the section dividers so Im not sure what your missing here.

Can you offer more detail on, "USB Soundsticks"? So I can have the guys check that operation?
Peter

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 11, 2013 at 2:51:38 am

Hi Peter.
Thank you for the quick response.
My MacBook Pro Retina is 15". The resolution is set for "Best for Retina display".
Here is what my Resolve looks like:

Soundsticks are here:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H2268VC/B/harman-kardon-soundsticks-iii-2...
As far as cutting quickly, I'm used to be able to select the frame where I want to cut it, park the cursor and "snap" the razor for frame accurate cut. With current way Resolve works, you'll need to zoom in all the way down to the frame level, which is not very productive for editing. If you want to use shortcuts, why not use the second cursor and while selecting the frame use the shortcut, something like a letter C, for Cut. That way you could quickly cut, if needed. Right now it's something I can't wrap my head around as easily as in other NLEs.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Oct 11, 2013 at 6:22:16 am

Sorry, I should have added, mine is set to best but I have an external monitor attached. You need to be in scaled. My mistake.

For cutting, just park the playhead and try command B. We will review the multi blade operation.
Peter

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:21:38 am

Yes, that did the trick, thanks Peter.

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:20:47 pm

Peter,

on a MBP Retina I'm still getting the "GPU Memory is full" error message.
What could be the problem?

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:31:15 am

Also, I just noticed you have said "if you want frame accurate cuts with the playhead". Of coarse I always want frame accurate cuts. Isn't that the whole point of editing? :-)

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:40:01 am

+1 on the blade tool. Very awkward compared to v9's split clip function or other nle's blade tools. Also it seems to cut clips on video layers that are locked that I don't want cut.

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Oct 11, 2013 at 11:07:02 am

what about the neat openfx fix? still not working
on beta3, and as far as i know it is supposed to be
a resolve bug!

does it have low priority? i am quite sure i am not the
only one waiting for this :(

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Oct 11, 2013 at 5:30:55 pm

I find a lot of the edit 'features' confusing. Why has the playhead and selected clip become separated on next clip moves.

Say I'm clicking through the edit shot by shot checking the conform playhead and selected clip move along together THEN I find a clip that is wrong (might be the wrong clip might need scaling by 20% whatever) I click on the clip and correct it. Now when I click next clip the playhead and viewer remain and on the select clip highlight moves on- how is this useful? I now have to click into an empty track to lock them back together.

Also, why is the very useful function of being able to paste into another track gone - even in the manual cmd c cmd v only does the same track rather v9 where it was the much more useful selected track.

BTW haven't updated to b3 yet as I'min the middle of a job

Michael

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Oct 11, 2013 at 11:13:21 pm

one hell of a beta!
thanks BMD

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish
Twitter 4kfinish

Return to posts index

Jon Dobson
on Oct 14, 2013 at 2:37:56 pm

Thank you so much for sorting the Tangent Element out again from beta 1...It's actually better than ever now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]