FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render cache still no go.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jake blackstone
Render cache still no go.
on Oct 2, 2013 at 11:38:55 pm

I tried to use the temporal noise reduction. Using 2 frames causes Resolve to complain about running out of GPU RAM. Reducing number of frames to 1 frame allows the NR to work. Unfortunately then the playback drops to 10 fps. So, I enable the cache render to maintain the real time performance. Well, that causes the picture to become garbled.
See attached image

One GTX 570 with 3GB RAM
Two GTX 680s with 4GB RAM

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: Render cache still no go.
on Oct 3, 2013 at 12:40:49 pm

:(. thats really a problem! hopefully the final release will have a proper cache managment!
because if that stuff doesnt work, the openfx and nr features are non-useable...

on my system (hackintosh double gtx480, each about 1.6 gb ram) it actually shows the same behaviour on using
the temporal NR and 2 frames. i already ordered two titans, but now i am unsure if that way i will get rid
of the out of gpu memory error. because if you are having the same issue with double 4gb ram cards
perhaps there is something wrong with the algorythms... or how much ram the gpus will need?

what is the experience with the temporal nr on other systems? can anyone using it in realtime?

andy

ps: neat openfx plugin still has no graphic user interface...

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:26:59 pm

Same issues here.

i also just spent some time with Mistika.

I must say, their tracker is almost as good, and everything else is far better, including a much, much better secondary keyer.

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:42:42 pm

Not that it's always relevant, but I would point out that MIstika is also approximately 200 times the price (not an exaggeration). Besides, all "this is better than that" talk almost always overlooks the single most important factor, which is the person running it and their skills. Everything Company 3 turns out is graded on Resolve. And Company 3 turns out the lions share of "A" titles in the industry, not to mention some of the most admired color work. I would also point out that many, if not most, of the most admired television productions are done on Resolve as well, at various companies. That doesn't mean that it's necessarily "better" than everything else, but it does mean that it can do anything that a colorist needs or wants to do, and do it efficiently and at the highest quality level. It also doesn't mean that it has the best implementation of every feature, but it does mean that a number of the most talented and demanding colorists in the industry, working with what is probably the most demanding clientele in the world, like what is there an awful lot.

It's not the system. It's the colorist.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:28:42 pm

The out of memory GPU was caused by using my GTX 570 with 2560 MB of RAM for the processing. Once I disabled it, I was able to use 2 frames. But the cache problem is still there.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Oct 3, 2013 at 3:14:38 pm

Hi Jake,

You are running into a bug with the current beta where the cache is not shown correctly when the timeline and output resolutions are different. My guess is you have set your timeline resolution to 4K/5K, and this might explain the GPU RAM issues as well.

My recommendation would be keep your timeline and output resolution the same as your monitoring resolution, and you can always switch the timeline resolution to 4K/5K when you render. The windows, etc. will track automatically.

If you could confirm this solves the problem for you, it would be most appreciated!

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Oct 3, 2013 at 9:12:20 pm

Hi Rohit.
Yes, that is Alexa 2880x1620 Raw material. Monitoring is HD. I will try setting the timeline to HD as well.
Thank you for the quick response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]