FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feedback from JLCooper EclipseCX to Tangent Element "switchers"?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Feedback from JLCooper EclipseCX to Tangent Element "switchers"?
on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:13:04 pm

The other day, I was packing up my old Tangent CP200 panels to sell on eBay, and felt an incredible wave of sadness after touching it's controls again after 3 years of it sitting in storage. It's silky smooth action and quick button response makes the "tightness" (for lack of a better term) current JLCooper Eclipse panel feel broken in comparison.

I'm curious if any of you––who have used the Eclipse panel (and/or Tangent CP200s) with Resolve––have switched to the new Tangent Element panels, and how do you like them in comparison to the EclipseCX or Tangent CP200s? Is there anything about them that makes you miss your Eclipse panels in any way?

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
Re: Feedback from JLCooper EclipseCX to Tangent Element "switchers"?
on Sep 28, 2013 at 2:45:04 am

Don't miss it, and clients equated the eclipse to apple color. Which I used to run it on. They think the buttons are the software. Love my elements, and resolve mapping is improving, albeit slowly.

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish
Twitter 4kfinish

Return to posts index

Barrie Williams
Re: Feedback from JLCooper EclipseCX to Tangent Element "switchers"?
on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:35:43 pm

I have jlcooper and elements panels here. Since the elements panel arrived I have not turned on the JLCooper once.

Having a reset button built into every knob ball and ring makes it a great time saver for us.

The mapping is in need of a little more work by davinci, but its pretty good .
I love my elements panel. I can't say the same about the jlcooper.

Doubtless the resolve original panel is superb, but its the price of a car.
Barrie.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]