FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Playback issues in Resolve 10

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Hutto
Audio Playback issues in Resolve 10
on Sep 20, 2013 at 5:12:34 pm

'm wondering if I've got a setting wrong in Resolve 10. Everything seems to work fine if I have the audio muted but when it's on, playback is intermittent, audio pops in and out, frame rate drops from 30fps to 24 or lower and the program generally crashes before long. I've gone into clip attributes and reduced the number of channels to 1 mono with no real change. Also just updated Gforce drivers.

System: Intel Core i7-390 CPU@ 3.30GHZ
GForce GTX 680
16GB Ram
Windows 7 PRO 64bit
ASUS P9x79 PRO Motherboard
Hitachi HUS724020 1 TB Internal Drive
GTech 4TB external raid drive

After doing some further checking, I'm wondering if this could be a RAM issue. It certainly acts like it because as I delete audio tracks on the edit page it seems to help but still won't play audio and when I mute audio on the color page it jumps up to 30fps.

As I said, I have 16gig of ram and watching in the performance task bar it's using only 16% of the CPU and 8 gig or ram but I notice that only 5% is allocated to Resolve.

So, would more RAM help or is there a cache setting or something I'm unaware of that would allocate more memory to Resolve? I'm shooting in the dark here but it seems like it's a performance issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]