FORUMS: list search recent posts

livegrading with resolve 10!! not working!?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clemens Krueger
livegrading with resolve 10!! not working!?
on Sep 18, 2013 at 2:09:00 pm

Hi,
i'm in the preparation for a german feature film and the shooting starts on saturday.
Our DoP is working with two cameras on set and wants to use livegrading.
For this i planned to work with the new Resolve 10, 2 x UltraStudio 4K and 2 x Mac Book Pro Retina 16RAM.
Right now i'm working with only 1 UltraStudio 4K, so i'm just testing the input for the livegrading.
And it's not working!!!?
I see only a black image in the viewer after clicking "cmd+R". And i think it's not a problem of the ultra studio-connection because in Black Magic Media Express everything is perfect (InPUt, LiveViewer and Output!). And the Monitor-Output to the calibrated Monitor is also no problem!
i made a few screenshots, that you have the chance to check my settings!
another thing is livegrading with 2 cameras!?
Is it possible to send Camera A and B to a calibrated Monitor and grade them at the same time in resolve?
Or would you recommend to work with comfort?
Greetings Clemens

Return to posts index

Mike Most
Re: livegrading with resolve 10!! not working!?
on Sep 22, 2013 at 3:30:45 pm

Pomfort LiveGrade is a mature product that's been out for quite some time and used by many productions. DaVinci Resolve 10 is in its first beta cycle.

You decide.

Return to posts index

Matt Perrin
on Feb 18, 2014 at 1:22:56 pm

Hey Mikey! Can you use Pomfort in the same tower as Resolve with the Decklink card? I'm staying on version 9 for now but need to do an occasional look setup off of the camera feed.

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:12:49 pm

Hey Matt,

As far as I know, Pomfort doesn't import or export live video at all. It works by sending continually adjusted LUTs to external boxes, such as the HDLink, Fuji, and Pandora devices. All monitoring is done on the monitors that those boxes are feeding. Having said that, as long as it can talk to those devices (by either USB in the case of the HDLink or Ethernet in the case of the other two) then yes, there's no reason you couldn't run it on the same computer.

I assume you're still in MIami? Hope things are good with you, it's been a while.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]