FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve 10 Lite - Multiple hanging during work and render

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Pinder
Davinci Resolve 10 Lite - Multiple hanging during work and render
on Sep 18, 2013 at 8:07:34 am

I have been trying Resolve 10, due to having crash problems with version 9 for a while. Sadly this version is even worse. I realise it is in beta, but I can't work for more than 20 minutes without the interface hanging and not updating, and every time I render it hangs and tells me the frame it couldn't fetch. It always works again on a force close and restart (sometimes requiring me to do it twice), and then the cycle repeats.

I am working on a Macbook Retina, 16GB Ram, 250GB SSD, 2.3GHz (OSX 10.8.4 - CUDA 5.5.25)

I can post logs of hang/crash, but I thought I would just see if anyone had any thoughts suggestions to begin with.

Thanks
- Ian

Return to posts index

Mike Most
Re: Davinci Resolve 10 Lite - Multiple hanging during work and render
on Sep 18, 2013 at 4:38:33 pm

Where is your media stored?

Return to posts index

Ian Pinder
on Sep 18, 2013 at 5:48:32 pm

Hi there.
Thanks for the response. It is stored on an external USB3 drive. Not the fastest in the world but render and plays fine in all other scenarios. I used to get windowserver crashes from DR9 a lot, but this is different, and is probably a beta issue, in conjunction with the retina MacBook. It is really frustrating though, as I need to finish and render a 90-minute film...

Thanks again.
- Ian

Return to posts index

Ian Pinder
on Mar 1, 2014 at 12:29:35 am

Hi there,
I still have a lot of these problems, and I wondered if anybody had any further thoughts on this?

Thanks.
- Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]