FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tangent CP 200 with Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Sadwelkar
Tangent CP 200 with Resolve
on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:36:27 pm

Has anyone tried/is using the Tangent CP 200 panels that used to ship with Lustre, to work with Resolve?

I have access to an old CP200 set that was used on a Lustre, the version before it became part of Flame Premium, was wondering whether if would work.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: Tangent CP 200 with Resolve
on Sep 17, 2013 at 6:27:40 pm

It would be an awesome panel to use with Resolve, even better, than Elements, IF it was supported, which it's not...

Return to posts index

Nuno Garcia
on Sep 18, 2013 at 8:56:05 pm

CP200 panel is old but very cool, works with the old FCP Color, but not with Resolve.
perhaps because ethernet connection, like the old 2k DaVinci panel just work in Linux version.

Nuno Garcia

https://vimeo.com/nunotk

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on Sep 18, 2013 at 10:19:40 pm

[Nuno Garcia] "CP200 panel is old but very cool, works with the old FCP Color, but not with Resolve.
perhaps because ethernet connection"

I don't think the Ethernet interface is the issue. I use a JLCooper EclipseCX with Resolve, which is an Ethernet-only control surface.

I'd give up various pieces of my own body parts to be able to use the CP200 panels with Resolve. They are unparalleled (besides the BMD panel) in their build quality and quality of touch response. But considering that all traces of the CP200 as a product have been completely removed from Tangent website, I wouldn't hold my breath for this to ever happen.

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Sep 21, 2013 at 8:24:39 pm

It might be possible to create a driver/utility that "fools' your computer and/or Resolve into thinking it is another panel. Do other working panels have similar numbers of buttons and displays for this to work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]