FORUMS: list search recent posts

No manual TC input on v10

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
No manual TC input on v10
on Sep 16, 2013 at 6:59:17 am

I was hoping in v10 with the inclusion of the editing module we would have the ability to enter timecode manually using the keyboard just like any NLE, but unless I'm missing something I can't find a way to do that.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: No manual TC input on v10
on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:22:41 am

What do you mean by that ?

As to move playhead or to readjust timeline start tc?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Josh Petok
on Sep 16, 2013 at 3:19:41 pm

There is manual TC input in Resolve 10. It's only available on the full Resolve panels. Now that other panel only features have crept into the software, I'm hoping to see that one arrive soon :)

Josh Petok
Online | Color
JoshPetok.com
TheCurrentCut.com

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Sep 16, 2013 at 5:45:12 pm

[Josh Petok] "There is manual TC input in Resolve 10. It's only available on the full Resolve panels"

Yes, that's been known for a long time, however, since the announcement of V10 there were speculations as to wether that functionality will stop being exclusive of the $30K Resolve version, since it's a hard to consider it as a NLE if it doesn't allow you to enter timecode via regular input methods.

Return to posts index

Josh Petok
on Sep 16, 2013 at 8:25:16 pm

Nobody will agree with you more. You're preaching to the choir! Let's hope that's a feature that makes it in a future version very soon.

Josh Petok
Online | Color
JoshPetok.com
TheCurrentCut.com

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Sep 17, 2013 at 2:59:16 am

Hope so too, it almost look like they forgot to add that, I mean, it doesn't make sense to try to add finishing editorial and cripple TC entry.

But regarding the DaVinci panels, how are they keeping up with all new additions done in Resolve? I hear complains that for example Lightbox is not accessible via the DaVinci panels, and I'm sure new additions won't be mapped as well since it doesn't seem a customizable panel.

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:52:20 pm

I think another overlooked feature is the ability media manage projects like "Resolve Collect" does..most post-apps we use have this function - fcp7, avid, premiere, after effects, etc. I assume Baselight has something like this or smoke/flame?

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Sep 24, 2013 at 4:02:23 am

Regarding a collect feature, I guess the case can be made that the primary intention of Resolve is to still render out newly created graded media rather than collecting it to go elsewhere to do so.

Clip management via copy and paste works solidly as does R3D trimming

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Sep 26, 2013 at 1:05:43 pm

R3d trim does not work solidly - look around the forums, plenty of people posting with problems on this feature.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]