FORUMS: list search recent posts

Migrating project with LUTs that are no longer installed

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toby Tomkins
Migrating project with LUTs that are no longer installed
on Aug 27, 2013 at 1:27:51 pm

I have an old project that used some LUTs that I no longer have installed, which I am trying to migrate over to a new machine.

I have tried moving the entire database (via backup/restore) and also exporting the project (ticking the LUT box when doing so). Neither methods seem to migrate across the old LUT.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Toby

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
Re: Migrating project with LUTs that are no longer installed
on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:58:50 pm

It's worth noting I applied the old LUT via a node and despite the LUT not being installed anymore, is still being aplied by the node in the old project!

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Aug 27, 2013 at 4:44:11 pm

Are you not able to create a LUT from a Node/Correction? If the non existent LUT is still being applied correctly, you could try opening the project in "Read Only" mode, disabling all corrections but the LUT and generating a new one...

May not work, but if it does you have the LUT you no longer have...

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:03:35 pm

I thought of that but I've never found DaVinci's LUT generation to be 100% reliable, especially when using a complex 3D LUT like this one (Alexa LogC to Technicolor Vision 3 250D log film scan LUT, that's increasing colour separation and is fragile as-is, without DaVinci ripping it which might introduce further problems). I'll give it a go if there's no other way and report back.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:24:22 pm

What about stripping everything but the LUT and saving the Node to the Still Store?

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]