FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve and Multicam from FCP7

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Blackledge
Resolve and Multicam from FCP7
on Aug 16, 2013 at 12:01:45 pm

I take it there is a bug of some form currently ?

98% of clips connect with no errors but are slipped and a few I get extent errors.

Seems the frame count is taken from the start of the multi cam clip from tcp but some clips within the multicam dont actually start at the begining of the multicam clip

ie
multicam clip is 500 frames
clip 1 is 450 frames
clip 2 is 398 frames
clip 3 is 500 frames

Ended up rendering out flat edit and splicing using scene detect and loading an edl. not ideal!

Thanks

S

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: Resolve and Multicam from FCP7
on Aug 16, 2013 at 3:47:15 pm

When dealing with MultiCam, you need to "Collapse MultiCam Edits", right-click sequence to find option, and/or, use the Media Manager to strip the MultiCam relationships.

In Media Manager, select "Use Existing" this will pretty much make an exact copy of your sequence. Uncheck everything related to handle and consolidation. At the bottom of the window there is a checkbox for "Include non-active MultiCam angles" uncheck. This will generate a new sequence rinsed of MultiCam in a new project. I tend to bring in the new Sequence into my working project, but that is strictly a matter of preference.

Pretty sure you only need to do one, but both steps take next to no time, so I always feel safer doing both.

Also, I'm not a 100% on this, but I believe this is a known issue for all NLE's. I believe there is an exception in FCPX, but I'm not familiar with that particular workflow.

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow

Return to posts index

John Sellars
Re: Resolve and Multicam from FCP7
on Aug 16, 2013 at 5:36:54 pm

I have had problems even with media managed multicam projects. Use an EDL instead of the XML. You will lose sizing info, but if it's only a few shots you can eyematch them using the still store (offline/mix). If you don't have access to the FCP project this is the easiest way to get rolling. Just tell the editor to email you an EDL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]