FORUMS: list search recent posts

FIle names not matching between FCP7 and Resovle Output files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cotten
FIle names not matching between FCP7 and Resovle Output files
on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:55:49 pm

The file name that I used in FCP7 to create an XML doesn't match the file name given to it by Resolve at output. I have check the box in Deliver "Use source file name"
An example of what I have is this:
FCP7 reference file for the red footage is A001_C003_060128_F
My resolve output file name is V1-0001_A001_C003_060128

So when I got to reconnect the output files from Resolve to my FCP7 timeline, I have to manually reconnect each Resolve file.

I assume there is a way to better handle this.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: FIle names not matching between FCP7 and Resovle Output files
on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:14:09 pm

Next time after you render, export an XML from the conform tab... and import that into FCP.

eric b johnson
online editor | colorist | workflow

Return to posts index

Jeff Cotten
on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:25:45 pm

I have some sizing going on in FCP that I'm not bring over in Resolve. So if I output an XML from Resolve I will not get the sizing info from the original edit. I need to keep the sizing out of Resolve so the Smoke editor can still make adjustments to sizing do to some other issues.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my original post. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Aug 15, 2013 at 7:09:17 pm

If you choose not to apply the sizing info, it remains in the XML when you send it back as far as I recall. Just like the filters... there but not there...

Also worth noting, that if it didn't add the prefix, everytime you the media was rendered it overwrite the previous instance... unless you are rendering from the 'master" timeline... in which case, I believe you ca just turn off, the "unique" file name setting... Or strip it away with a batch renamed... but that only works if your rendering a file/file not file/instance...

Return to posts index

Jeff Cotten
on Aug 15, 2013 at 7:48:45 pm

Yes you are correct. The sizing info does stay from FCP7 when you export an XML from Resolve even when you import the FCP XML with the "Use Sizing Information" box not checked.
That seems to have solved my problem.
Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]