FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2 xmf PP CS6 and Davinci, painted myself into a corner

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Wright
p2 xmf PP CS6 and Davinci, painted myself into a corner
on Aug 6, 2013 at 8:05:24 pm

Hi guys, it appears I've painted myself into a bit of a corner. I'm just finishing up my 2nd project in Premiere Pro. I'm normally behind the lens and not behind the editor so please excuse my ignorance. My last project was an all RED project and things worked really well using the native R3D files and going back and forth into Davinci using XML's. So my problem...The current project I'm working on is using a mixture of HPX170 footage (XML) and 7D footage (h264). I'm done with my edit and was getting ready to send the XML into Davinci and am realizing that Resolve won't accept the native P2 MXF files. If I was back in FCP 7 I would just media manage the completed sequence into a codec that plays well with Davanci. I was extremely disappointed to learn that there is no option in PP to do this. My client doesn't care whether or not I finish in Resolve or PP or Speedgrade (which I have never used) but I'd prefer to use Resolve as I have had great results in the past.

Is there a simple way to log and transfer (in premiere) only the clips I've used into DVCPRO or another codec that will work with Resolve?

I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: p2 xmf PP CS6 and Davinci, painted myself into a corner
on Aug 6, 2013 at 11:44:28 pm

Yes, just render the whole timeline as a single file as a Prores 444 or some other high quality codec. Then export an EDL and use it in Resolve to notch your cuts. Easy...

Return to posts index

Jeff Wright
Re: p2 xmf PP CS6 and Davinci, painted myself into a corner
on Aug 7, 2013 at 1:22:19 am

Thanks Jake! I'll give this a shot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]