FORUMS: list search recent posts

[Linux] Lost DVD, need to install from scratch. Is it possible with retail centos 5.4?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomas Bocking
[Linux] Lost DVD, need to install from scratch. Is it possible with retail centos 5.4?
on Aug 3, 2013 at 5:18:03 pm

Hello, the BMD install dvd is long lost, and I need to reinstall linux and resolve from scratch. Is it possible to do it using a standar version of centos 5.4? I do have the license dongle and panels, and the machine was certified for resolve.

Or is there a place where I could download the dvd for installation?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Thomas

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
Re: [Linux] Lost DVD, need to install from scratch. Is it possible with retail centos 5.4?
on Aug 4, 2013 at 3:50:42 pm

You'll need to speak to your Resolve system builder about that. You need the DVD as it will install everything you need

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

Tomas Bocking
Re: [Linux] Lost DVD, need to install from scratch. Is it possible with retail centos 5.4?
on Aug 7, 2013 at 2:35:37 pm

Thanks Dan, got the dvd.

Return to posts index

Joakim Ziegler
on Aug 13, 2013 at 12:44:38 am

Your mileage may vary, and I'm not endorsing or supporting this in any way, but you can definitely install Resolve on stock CentOS (and not even just 5.4, we have ours running experimentally on newer versions). You just need to be willing to chase dependencies a bit.

From what I've understood from BMD (though I might have misunderstood), installing Resolve on a stock CentOS is going to be the way to do it in the future anyway, I think from Resolve 10 and onwards. It's really the right move, because the distribution that comes with Resolve has always been outdated. I'm hoping they'll move to distributing Resolve itself as an RPM with proper dependencies as well, since that would make things a lot easier in general.

But, to get back to your original question, it's fully possible, and not even all that difficult, if you're more or less proficient in installing and administering CentOS.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Postproduction Supervisor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]