FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewing 2K as downconvert HD

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Lehnert
Viewing 2K as downconvert HD
on Aug 1, 2013 at 6:13:28 pm

What video card will downconvert 2k content to HD when using the full version of DaVinci Resolve?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Viewing 2K as downconvert HD
on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:27:20 pm

I assume you mean for preview and those settings can be set under the Video monitoring options including resolution. I would assume any video card would still allow those options. I have only ever used a Blackmagic card with those.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:46:58 pm

Yeah. I want to be able to work in a 2k timeline but be able to grade that signal through my HD monitor in Rec709. I do not have the full priced version of Resolve yet and I'm trying to figure out if I need a new card. I only have the i/o card.

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:47:58 pm

More specifically the Decklink SDI card.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:43:53 pm

With the Decklink card you will be fine with the full version. I am not sure about the free version.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:02:40 pm

So any Decklink card can be used? Is it the Graphics Card that does the downconversion to HD then?

Thanks

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:11:25 pm

Yes any of the Decklink cards can be used. Likely the Player would be the element down converting the preview but if not then the Decklink card would. The video card would if the output was from the video card.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Aug 1, 2013 at 10:15:10 pm

Great thanks. I'm used to using a Kona card where the video conversions are only available in the higher end cards.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Aug 2, 2013 at 1:59:27 am

In Resolve, the downconversion is in the image processing GPUs so you need a powerful GPU for grading and the resizing. This offers the best possible quality.
The DeckLink and UltraStudio range of cards put the data we give them into the SDI and HDMI formats. They are not used for downsizing in this case.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]