FORUMS: list search recent posts

LUTnado!!!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
LUTnado!!!
on Jul 30, 2013 at 8:33:10 pm

LookLabs Trailer from LookLabs on Vimeo.

Can anyone tell me if these are different than the ones Juan Melara put up and if so opinions are welcome on any of this stuff. It seems he and most others suggest using it in the 3d output tab as opposed to in the node structure itself (unless its the last one in the chain). If its just Arri lut's or BMCC for example that get you closer to a rec.709 space as opposed to a whole film look is it still best practice to put it before all corrections by using tab instead of nodes? Point being that they can be rather destructive and best results are found in grading always before the LUT.

I am wondering how many guys are using LUT's as a starting point vs. using built in tools in Resolve and building up grade from LOG-C, C300, F55/65, BMCC or RedLogFilm etc.

ps. does anyone have a link to a lut to take rec709 to log - i want to try some of Juan's luts on Canon5D material that has not been shot flat but looks good.

Thanks
Andrew

Return to posts index

prathvish hegde
Re: LUTnado!!!
on May 23, 2014 at 7:50:17 am

hi andrew,

i prefer working from RAW (99.9%) compared to working using LUT but sometimes i just try the LUT to see how the footage looks withit and later grade without LUT.
reason for this approach could be bcoz i was a Telecine colorist before i started using Resolve from version 7.

prathvish hegde
colorist
(DaVinci Resolve and 2Kplus)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPJQ3fIEoojI3JMa4rHKb9gqq8VeIZ81

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]