FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grade not appearing in frame handles

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Nguyen
Grade not appearing in frame handles
on Jul 26, 2013 at 4:22:24 pm

Hi there,

I just colored a performance video and for these I usually render out with 48 frame handles in case I need to slip the edit around after color. However, today when I rendered out, the handles are uncolored then the color pops in suddenly. I've never had this problem before. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Return to posts index

fergus hally
Re: Grade not appearing in frame handles
on Jul 27, 2013 at 8:17:09 am

I've had this when copy and pasting grades between shots/nodes
You have key frame at the start of the clip in the conform that gets put there when the paste has happened. You may have to go to master timeline to delete it.
Then re render your handled version
Hope that helps
Fergus

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Jul 29, 2013 at 11:03:44 am

It's also worth pointing out that even when the grade is there things like tracked windows will not track in the handles as you only did the tracking on the section of clip in the timeline. This will make the windowed grade jump so the handles will be unusable unless you go into the master timeline and lengthen the track at each end of the used media.

M

Return to posts index

Anna Nguyen
on Aug 1, 2013 at 10:34:11 pm

I have some windows that I did not track with, they are just stationary, yet for some reason in the nodes where these windows exist, qualifiers, defocus and all the window shapes automatically keyframe at the first frame of the clip. The auto-keyframe symbol is not yellow, is there some other place that I can change so that my stationary windows don't create keyframes?

Return to posts index

Jon Hiseman
on Jul 30, 2013 at 11:44:32 am

Michael's point about keyframing makes sense in that, you cannot expect keyframes to exist where no keyframes were entered, but I would want the 1st frame of a front handle to reflect the data state of the first keyframe which is maybe XX number of frames later. I would think that was normal behaviour. But I would have thought that grades are different and one should have the option to apply them to a specific number of frames as "grade handles." Sounds like I'm making a feature request. I have only been into Resolve for a few months but needed this feature a couple of times already.
jh

I used to be Jon Hiseman but I'm feeling better now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]