FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve v.9.1.5 and Avid Artist v3.0 Not On Speaking Terms

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jones
Resolve v.9.1.5 and Avid Artist v3.0 Not On Speaking Terms
on Jul 16, 2013 at 11:22:53 pm

I have just installed Resolve 9.1.5.022, and with Avid Artist Color v. 3.0.0.6865161 installed, get this result: I open a Resolve project, with the control surface and EuControl running as normal. Avid Artist Color sees Resolve and reflects those controls across the top.

However, each time I select the "Eye" button adjacent to the power switch on the Color control, which I normally have to do to get the F1 - F9 softkeys to light on the control, and to have access to those programmed actions, I get an "EUControl quit unexpectedly" message.

Get's worse: with Resolve 9.1.5.022 installed, now when I go back to Avid v 2.7.1 I don't have my previous functionality. To wit, everything is up and running, Resolve is talking to Avid Color, as evidenced by the Resolve controls across the top of the controller. However, as soon as I select the "Eye" button to bring up the softbutton controls and light the nine F1 - 9 buttons, Avid completely loses Resolve. The only way to reconnect the two programs is to restart Resolve.

Once again, they are speaking to each, right up until I try to bring into play my F-commands, and then the connection is once again lost.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
Re: Resolve v.9.1.5 and Avid Artist v3.0 Not On Speaking Terms
on Jul 16, 2013 at 11:28:16 pm

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reporting this. There still seems to be some issues related to Avid panels and new EuCon. I would recommend going back to 9.1.4 and the older eucon 2.x for now.

We are working on fixing this issue.

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Jul 17, 2013 at 1:36:28 pm

I've experienced problems with Avid Control v3.0 being recognized by the system, in general, not just with Resolve. Powering the CC panel off then back on seems to fix the problem 99% of the time. Once the OS recognizes the Color Panel, Resolve 9.1.5 has no problems responding.

Return to posts index

Guillem Ventura
on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:33:47 am

Hi guys, I'm experiencing same issues here!

I opened another thread asking if ArtistColor users are happy with its performance under Resolve, seeing the lag issue hasn't been adressed with this new driver release...

What's your experience?
To me it is beautiful and runs really fine with other softwares, but I'm about to give mine away ;)

Cheers

http://www.malgeniofilms.com

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Jul 18, 2013 at 7:36:00 pm

Things got so bad with v3, that I went back to the last version. problem solved!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]