FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Broadcast Monitor Overloading when signal is bright.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Delany
Sony Broadcast Monitor Overloading when signal is bright.
on Jul 9, 2013 at 1:09:05 am

I've just built my first Color Correction suite after freelancing in New York for a few years. I built it on a budget and was happy to stumble onto one of these Sony broadcast monitors for very little money when a nearby production company went out of business. I've come to love this monitor and can't imagine life without it, but I'm having some problems.

For some reason, the overload light goes on now when the picture gets bright. The image fades in and out and can't maintain an image. I called Sony and they said simply that my brightness settings are too high, but the only way the overload won't go on is when I keep the image way too dark.

Do you think the monitor is shot? Maybe the tube is shot? Could it be from my Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converter? Could aja be a solution?

I'm going from my Macbook pro > HDMI > Blackmagic Shuttle > Blackmagic HDMI/SDI converter > Monitor SDI in @ 1080/60i

Thanks in advance and I wasn't sure what forum to post this to, so if it should be somewhere else please let me know.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]