FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to work Da Vinci Resolve Lite in Grassvalley Edius 5.5 or higher version of Edius ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pabitra Kansakar
how to work Da Vinci Resolve Lite in Grassvalley Edius 5.5 or higher version of Edius ?
on Jul 7, 2013 at 6:45:19 am

Hi all
I just downloaded the DaVinci Resolve Lite.
I want to use this with Grassvalley Edius 5.5 or higher version but don't know how to install it in to Edius as plug-ins.
If I install as standalone software then how can I take edited timeline clips in Edius to Da Vinci Resolve Lite , do color correction there and then again take it back to Edius timeline ?
A complete workflow or tutorial is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards
Pabitra Kasaa

Return to posts index

prathvish hegde
Re: how to work Da Vinci Resolve Lite in Grassvalley Edius 5.5 or higher version of Edius ?
on Jul 10, 2013 at 12:13:10 pm

Davinci Resolve is not a plugin it is a standalone colorgrading software.
export xml(?) or edl from edius and re-assemble in resolve grade and export with source filename. if you want to go back to edius and you can relink to the exported graded shots .

prathvish hegde
colorist
(DaVinci Resolve and 2Kplus)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPJQ3fIEoojI3JMa4rHKb9gqq8VeIZ81

Return to posts index

Pabitra Kansakar
Re: how to work Da Vinci Resolve Lite in Grassvalley Edius 5.5 or higher version of Edius ?
on Jul 10, 2013 at 12:43:52 pm

hi Prathvish
thanks for the reply . does the resolve lite suport the canopus HQ files ? it will be more helpful if you could post the detail procedure for both SD/DV and HD timeline from edius 5.5 to resolve lite and vice versa. Thanks.

Regards
Pabitra kasaa

Return to posts index

prathvish hegde
on Jul 12, 2013 at 11:22:49 am

hi prabita,
i think you should go through the manual to see what files are supported on resolve and accordingly export from Edius.
i dont think canapous hq is supported on resolve.
import the aaf exported from edius in resolve and link the files to the source files (the actual files you used for editing in edius)if they are compatable or if it is not compatable then export the files with the source timecode and filename in a format that can be read in resolve(dpx,prores,mxf etc) and relink the aaf exported from edius with the converted footage .

prathvish hegde
colorist
(DaVinci Resolve and 2Kplus)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPJQ3fIEoojI3JMa4rHKb9gqq8VeIZ81

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]