FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reading LTC in 9.1.4

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Reading LTC in 9.1.4
on Jul 6, 2013 at 1:14:21 pm

I record LTC on an audio track on the camera (-20 db) and want Resolve 9.1.4 lite to read the LTC and change current TC to that value. Once I have the clip in the media pool, right click and select "Update Timecode from Audio - LTC" however nothing changes. File is ProRes 1080 @ 23.976 LTC being feed to the camera is the same spec.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Would be a great feature.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Reading LTC in 9.1.4
on Jul 7, 2013 at 10:54:24 am

Maybe it is full versions feature only ?

It is working reportedly by JB from some other forum.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Jul 9, 2013 at 10:33:56 pm

It's not an issue of Lite vs Full. It should work with either. Do you have a sample clip you could provide that we could check?

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Jul 10, 2013 at 2:10:21 pm

Hi Dwaine - Yes I do have a small clip I could send. What is the best way to get the file to you?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Jul 10, 2013 at 9:16:55 pm

Post a link to it here, or send a link to it to support-usa AT blackmagicdesign DOT com, referencing this thread and mentioning my name.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Jul 11, 2013 at 6:37:37 pm

Dwaine - Try this link for a very exciting clip of my ipod showing TC generated from the Movie Slate app that was feeding the camera the LTC !

http://www.yousendit.com/download/bWJyRE9yTERGR0hvS3NUQw

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Jul 12, 2013 at 6:13:15 pm

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the file. We're looking into the issue. It doesn't seem to work for me either, and I'm discussing this with the development folks. I'll let you know what we come up with.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Jul 12, 2013 at 6:15:09 pm

Sounds good thank you for the update!

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Aug 7, 2013 at 3:43:47 pm

Hi Dwaine - Downloaded 9.1.5 for Mac and tried it again, however I still can't get it to work. Perhaps I just need to wait for version 10 to be released! :)

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:04:39 pm

Hi Chad,

Our development folks have your file to examine. We have identical type files with TC on the same audio track that do work. So we are not sure why your file does not work. We are looking into it.

I tested our files and your file feeding an external TC reader box with audio channel 2 out from a BMD HD Link box, which was being fed with the HD-SDI out of a DeckLink card. All the files drove that properly. So really not sure yet why your file is not working like the others in Resolve.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:12:33 pm

Thanks Dwaine - That does seem odd. I will try again with a fresh clip.

Return to posts index

Paul Golden
on Aug 22, 2013 at 7:59:59 am

Hi Dwaine

Have you tried something as simple as sending LTC from a Sound Devices 744 (or other standard location audio recorder) to the BMCC? We tried a test where we shot a TC slate and sent the audio TC to the camera. We've tried all permutations and can't get Resolve 9.1.5 to regenerate the timecode to match the reference audio track audio time code. If you click the replace TC command nothing happens. I would expect the TC numbers to change, but the cursor just jumps to the head of the timeline without any other result. I've tried this RAW or ProRes, one channel or two with TC and it doesn't matter. What's the secret sauce here? Is there a specific way it needs to be laid down in order for it to work? Thx...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]