FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-layer opacity support

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Lehnert
Multi-layer opacity support
on Jun 11, 2013 at 2:51:32 am

I am experiencing compositing errors inside of DaVinci Resolve. The compositing mode is set to screen, there are opacity changes and there are dissolves on the edits.

During the dissolve the composites pop and and off during the edit. Is the math involved with these three things not working inside of Resolve like they do in Final Cut Pro? I suppose a dissolve is not much different then an opacity change and this is causing a problem.

I am downloaded the new update at the moment to see if this improves the problem. Specifically 9.1.4

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Multi-layer opacity support
on Jun 11, 2013 at 3:57:28 pm

[Eugene Lehnert] "I am downloaded the new update at the moment to see if this improves the problem. Specifically 9.1.4"

That probably won't help, and it would be surprising if this wasn't fixed until Resolve Ten. At the current release, the application isn't a full-on compositing/edit/online solution, and more of a proxy-preview.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Jun 12, 2013 at 4:42:59 pm

Great. That's what I figured.

I'm still a little new to Resolve and not fully aware of all it's limitations and capabilities yet. These newer younger clients have very high expectations. I explained he could go to a Smoke or Flame suite if he wants to do everything in one app instead of us having to roundtrip his incredibly complicated spot back to Final Cut Pro to see all this layered effects.

Thanks for writing Joseph.

Return to posts index

sean ross
on Jun 28, 2013 at 4:09:28 pm

We have been struggling with the compositing aspect of Davinci as well; we are finishing out of smoke/flame for the most part and use Davinici's display of composites as an approximation of how it is going to look.

–sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]