FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamics not animating

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Halper
Dynamics not animating
on Jun 8, 2013 at 9:20:47 pm

I'm having trouble getting dynamics to animate. It's a very simple correction with the only changes in the dynamics being the Gain, Gamma, and Lift Y adjustments. Between the keyframes there's no change and then it jumps to the new setting when it reaches the next keyframe. I've tried it multiple times and get the same result. I haven't had this issue with dynamics before, even when making much more complex adjustments between dynamics.

I also tried selecting a keyframe, right clicking and selecting Change to Dynamic Keyframe and get an error: Mark Operation. Please select a mark for this operation.

I'm running 9.1.4 on OS X 10.8.4 (just starting a brand new project). Is this a potential new bug with 9.1.4 where dynamics will no longer animate? Any solutions?

Return to posts index

andrew smith
Re: Dynamics not animating
on Jun 9, 2013 at 2:47:42 am

I just noticed the same today also after those updates were done on my system...pretty basic dynamics with three keyframe animating a shape so it seems like a bug to me.

Is anyone else noticing strange behavior with dynamics after the latest updates?

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Jun 10, 2013 at 4:14:23 pm

Not having any issues here - just tried 'start dymanic' > 'mark' as a dynamic dissolve, worked fine. Also did auto keyframe with lift , gamma, gain adjustments, worked fine. Is there a specific sequence of steps I can try to duplicate this problem?

JT

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index

Mike Halper
on Jun 11, 2013 at 1:05:15 am

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the numbers for the settings supposed to update as you move frame by frame along the dynamic?

When I opened up Resolve today I checked the shots I was having this issue with and they dynamics appear to be working now but the numbers in the interface are not changing until it actually reaches the keyframe.

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Jun 11, 2013 at 2:49:12 pm

Think it's always been like that

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish
Twitter 4kfinish

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]