FORUMS: list search recent posts

Collecting BMCC .dng files for grading in Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Collecting BMCC .dng files for grading in Resolve?
on Jun 4, 2013 at 9:35:45 pm

Does anyone have a good workflow for collecting/consolidating CinemaDNG image-sequences (from the Blackmagic Cinema Camera) for conforming a Quicktime-proxy based offline for grading in Resolve?

My client gave me a USB drive with nearly a terabyte of CinemaDNG files on it, and I want to transfer only the raw clips which were used in the offline, much like how ClipFinder, FoolColor's "R3DCollector" and Resolve9's R3D-trimming feature works for R3D files.

Right now, my stupid workaround for this is to load EVERYTHING into the Media Pool, then conforming the offline XML to the Media Pool clips, and sorting on the "Usage" column to see which clips are actually being used. This does *not* solve the problem of how to automatically copy these clips to my local storage, however.

Is there a better way?

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
Re: Collecting BMCC .dng files for grading in Resolve?
on Jun 5, 2013 at 5:33:26 pm

yep:

Get and EDL from the editor, XML, AAF won't work
Right click on the folder
Click Add folders and subfolders based on EDL

Wait a minute, and all media will be added to you project, and here comes the trick.

Select all the already imported files in the media pool
Right click - Copy
Then at the folder tree right click on your desired folder on your internal drive
Click Paste

Now a dialog comes up, and let's you start copying.

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
Re: Collecting BMCC .dng files for grading in Resolve?
on Jun 8, 2013 at 4:29:05 am

Thanks Laco, it never occurred to me to use an EDL to bring in selects. Thanks for reminding me of this!

Only problem though, is that the Clip Task Manager does not appear to want to copy DNG files in this manner. The "remark" column just flat out says "dng files cannot be copied."

Argh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]