FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 questions about still import

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lorne Wright
2 questions about still import
on Jun 4, 2013 at 9:16:56 pm

Hello,

Couple of questions about still import which are pretty simple but I can't find an answer in the manual.

1) In the media pool, I am adding a series of 30 title stills (Resolve 9.1.3 full version). The stills are named Title_001, Title_002 etc., Resolve wants to import as a single image sequence. Is there a way to collapse/expand (as there is in Scratch) so that Resolve brings in individual stills instead?

2) If I am bringing in a single frame still, is there a way to change the duration to longer than one frame? (as there is in Scratch, using a clip speed of 0%). Other than repeating the edit, that is...

Thanks,

Lorne Wright

Finale Editworks
http://www.finale.tv

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: 2 questions about still import
on Jun 6, 2013 at 3:26:34 pm

"Stills" in the context of Resolve, refers to reference frames used for comparing color treatments. like the stills you grab from the source footage to use as guide and grade storage.

Not as active source media -- as the grade application, at least up to this release does not support graphic media on the timeline, such as tif, tga, png, jpg, &c., except as image sequences (dpx workflow) which you have observed and is the native behaviour.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Lorne Wright
Re: 2 questions about still import
on Jun 10, 2013 at 4:38:54 pm

Thanks for the response, that was what I expected to hear. I had used Scene Detect to split my title cards back into individual clips, but then had to do a alot of editing/copying/pasting of the 1 frame titles to make them the needed length in Resolve. A labourious workaround that hopefully is fixed in V10.

Cheers,

Lorne Wright

Finale Editworks
http://www.finale.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]