FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems With Importing Aaf into resolve. From avid

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesper lundstrom
Problems With Importing Aaf into resolve. From avid
on Jun 1, 2013 at 5:03:47 pm

Hello I have a new exciting problem in my avid davinci workflow.

In my davinci project I have Red files, and some quicktime animation files.

Well my workflow is like this i first imported all red files in davinci and then exported them as dnhd 36 to avid.

Well the problem starts on the way back to davinci.

when I import the aaf to davinci I get 13 video tracks instead of one, and i dont know how to fix this.

My avid sequence only has 1 video track no audio and no effects, still the aaf in davinci producese a timeline with 13 video tracks.

Does anybody know why this happens?

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
Re: Problems With Importing Aaf into resolve. From avid
on Jun 2, 2013 at 11:37:29 am

if you have only one timeline, and it doesn't have speed ramps, try EDL.

Return to posts index

jesper lundstrom
on Jun 2, 2013 at 3:11:28 pm

Ok. Well avid project is filled with like 30 timelines but I only tried export Aaf from one.

And it was clean, only video track and no effects.

I did find another solution though to make it work for me but not into davinci. But I will try to solve this cause We use the davinci workflow in my school.

What other Edl can i export from avid than AAF?

If anyone is interested my other way arround that I took, was to export an Aaf from my sequence and consolidate the media into a folder on computer from avid.

Then I took my files and put in a new project(in symphony) and Relinked my dnxhd files directly to r3d instead. Then all my other material that came from after effects i batch imported.

For this time I will grade in symphony though cause Ive got more files thats waiting on coming in and I dont trust the davinci workflow for now.

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Jun 2, 2013 at 4:15:49 pm

AAF is not EDL, they are separate things. EDL supports less effects and transitions you can read about it in the Davinci Manual.

As for the import, the Manual - from page 184 - details the process.
But as far as I can tell it shouldn't be a complicated process..I don't know AVID at all, but I was always able to export a linked AAF and import it to Davinci without any problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]