FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame rate mistake, can I save my 70 minute grade?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Austin
Frame rate mistake, can I save my 70 minute grade?
on May 31, 2013 at 9:49:54 pm

So, I've got pretty used to round tripping and resolve setting the timeline, project frame rates automatically etc. However, for this project I have to bring in a full length Prores HQ QT of the whole film and chop it up. What I didn't notice was that the frame rate of 25fps was not detected and my timeline is at 24 fps.

I've tried exporting in the deliver page but this gives me serious sync issues.

Is there a way of changing the frame rate of the timeline? Is there a way of rebuilding the timeline and having all the grades carry over?

So far my solution is to cache the whole film and set the playback and hardware rates to 25fps and play the timeline out to tape. This gets rid of the sync issue and the cuts are all synchronous with the original fcp timeline, but I wonder if there is something dodgy about doing this?

Learning by my own mistakes... :-(

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Frame rate mistake, can I save my 70 minute grade?
on May 31, 2013 at 11:02:15 pm

Rebuild the timeline in 25fps. Then use ColorTrace to copy over the grades.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Jun 1, 2013 at 5:40:37 pm

What if you export your timeline as one long clip and then check how much out of sync it is with the audio. If it appears to be 4%, then all you need to do is to take the exported 24fps mov and conform it to 25fps in Cinema Tools.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Jun 3, 2013 at 6:15:01 am

Did you chop it up just in a timeline in Resolve? Usually using scene detect Resolve doors a good job of identifying frame rate for you and confirms frame taste upon saving an edl.

Your safe bet it to start a new session and use scene detect for the QuickTime and confirm 25fps upon saving del (I like to play through a preconformed QuickTime in QuickTime viewer while cross checking scene detect. Then use edl for preconform and use manual color trace as Juan suggested.

Return to posts index

Dave Austin
on Jun 3, 2013 at 6:24:34 am

Thanks everyone. I will try these suggestions out so that I know how to get out of future pickles. This time I have used my workaround of playing it out at 25fps via SDI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]