FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX and Davinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Mena
FCPX and Davinci
on May 31, 2013 at 6:31:16 pm

I really enjoy using FCPX for editorial. I really enjoy doing my grades in Davinci. Yet, I haven't felt comfortable round tripping back to FCPX because as an online tool FCPX isn't there yet. Usually I will finish in Premiere where as far as online goes makes a little more sense.
Now, one of the things I love about FCPX is how you can move between Hi-Res media and Proxy media pretty easily. What I would like to see once I've done my grades and exported my media and FCPXML from Davinci is the same ease relinking my timeline with my graded material. No more stripping your sequence of filters and transitions only to have to reply them to your graded timeline. I don't see why in the preference tab in FCPX where it says use hi-res media or proxy media buttons, there would also be use color corrected media. Davinci is still exporting same file names with same timecode.
Imagine opening up your timeline with your pre-graded material then switching to your graded material with a click of a button. Hopefully Apple is thinking the same thing.

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
jordanmena.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]