FORUMS: list search recent posts

ColorTrace can't see same project?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Kraemer
ColorTrace can't see same project?
on May 30, 2013 at 9:10:12 pm

Had the perfect situation to attempt ColorTrace today, except I couldn't get ColorTrace to see the project I was working from where the other sequence already existed.

Is it not possible to ColorTrace from one sequence to another with in the same project?

Does it matter if "Copy Remote Grades to Local" was used with in the project perhaps?

Resolve v.9.1.3.019
OS X 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
Re: ColorTrace can't see same project?
on May 30, 2013 at 9:31:15 pm

This is indeed the case. Duplicate the project using 'save as' in the project area.

Return to posts index

Simon Tingell
on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:34:37 am

Hey!

[Brandon Kraemer] "Does it matter if "Copy Remote Grades to Local" was used with in the project perhaps?"

Did you get a solution for this? I did the same thing I copied the grade to local and now I need it back in remote so that I can see the grade in the master timeline. Need to extend the tracks for handles.

Thanks,

Simon

Return to posts index

Brandon Kraemer
on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:43:01 pm

I believe Toby answered this question, you can't color trace one sequence to another within the same project... you have to save as first and then color trace from the pervious version into the new. Honestly I haven't found an instance when ColorTrace worked. However if I have grades already in the project before I copied remote to local (which I almost always have to do) the mater sequence grades auto populate onto the new sequence I've added... with mixed results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]