FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting R3D settings for single shot.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
Adjusting R3D settings for single shot.
on May 28, 2013 at 7:18:27 am

When I adjust the r3d for one shot, the r3d settings change throughout the project. Is there a work around for this?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Adjusting R3D settings for single shot.
on May 28, 2013 at 3:11:04 pm

[Rick Turners] " Is there a work around for this?"

Yes there is:
(Manual page 229 or Find the heading in Chapter 9 "COLOR"...

RED r3d Clip Decoder Control
DaVinci Resolve offers native RED r3d decoding. In the Configuration screen Source tab you can
select to use the RED Default decoder settings, the camera metadata, or set project based decoder
parameters for DaVinci Resolve to decode and debayer the r3d files. On the Color screen you also have
an extra layer of control, a clip-by-clip control.

If your timeline has RED files, right click on the thumbnail to reveal the option ‘Edit RED Codec Settings’
and this will open the decoder control window.

&c.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on May 28, 2013 at 5:26:17 pm

Yeah, thats what I've been doing.

for example: If I adjust the color for A243_C009_112343 at one point and it appears again in the cut a few seconds later, it will reflect the R3D adjustment I made to it at the previous timecode, however, I need different r3d settings throughout the project for A243_C009_112343.

Do I need to duplicate the R3D and import it?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 28, 2013 at 6:45:53 pm

Maybe you can disconnect the remote/local grade copy settings. Remember that the clip you are working on is actually the whole clip as it exists in the "Master" timeline, and that is how that grade gets rippled into other instances of that source media. Copying and re-imbedding the clip will not change that hierarchy.

jPo

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on May 28, 2013 at 11:35:31 pm

I think what Rick is looking for is the "save with version" check box. And then adding multiple versions for the different adjustments.

I would recommend not doing this though, and instead debayer into a log format "redlogfilm" at a mid point iso, and then grading to suit.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 29, 2013 at 4:07:39 pm

[Juan Salvo] "I think what Rick is looking for is the "save with version" check box"

Maybe so. Frankly, unless the grade is wildly different from the source, having the metadata and going from RAW source seems like a layer of complication that is more bother than its worth, both in terms of source media overhead and deBayer-process cycles.

jPo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]