FORUMS: list search recent posts

More Grain best practices

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
More Grain best practices
on May 27, 2013 at 3:12:13 am

I have added some real stock grain 1080p 35mm via a layer mixer and external matte, I did an s-curve to increase its intensity but the client wants MORE GRAIN on this one shot. When i try increasing with LiftGammaGain controls it obviously changes the whole look of the grade as its brighter and changed in contrast

I was going to simply now add it additionally manually on track two of the conform tab just another piece of the grain in overlay comp mode but am wondering if there is a better way to accomplish a more intense grain without changing the grade of the shot.

Is it also a bad idea to double up in effect the same composited grain layer, besides changing offset between them.

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: More Grain best practices
on May 27, 2013 at 5:16:24 am

Sometimes MORE means something else, like bigger. Try a 16mm grain. They are more 'dirty' and obvious.

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on May 28, 2013 at 12:59:52 am

ok will do thanks for the advice.

Also, I did a test and out of resolve with fcp xml the added grain 2nd track I overlayed comes back out on its own layer not baked into the shot below. Sorry can you remind me how to get it out of resolve baked in if I do the track composite mode instead of external matte method?

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
on May 28, 2013 at 8:56:10 am

I think you need to select "Single Clip" in Delivery when rendering out the particular shot.

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on May 30, 2013 at 3:25:37 am

Yes has to be single clip mode render to bake the grain in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]