FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to quickly copy grades in Resolve using the light box

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Longchamps
How to quickly copy grades in Resolve using the light box
on May 17, 2013 at 7:10:02 pm

Is there an easy and quick way to copy grades to multiple shots using the light box in resolve? In Lustre, I am able to right click the shots I want, then shift + control on a grade and drag this grade to any highlighted shot in the group and it copies. It is easy and fast. No need to set up any kind of grouping. Is there a way to do this in resolve? Thanks

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
Re: How to quickly copy grades in Resolve using the light box
on May 17, 2013 at 10:44:57 pm

I believe there is some functionality like this coming in V10. As of now I find the LOAD MEMORY functions on my control surface (JL COOPER) work in the LIGHTBOX but keyboard shortcuts and menus do not seem to be available. I'm assuming this would work with other CONTROL SURFACES as well, but only a guess.

You can multiple select items now to apply saved grades to multiple shots - don't have to group.

AS

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on May 18, 2013 at 9:07:53 am

If you select the "to" shot thumbnail, then centre click on the 'from' shot thumbnail the grade is copied.
Would you like this to apply to multiple 'selected but not grouped' shots?
Peter

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on May 18, 2013 at 8:06:38 pm

I don't know about Andrew, but personally, yes, I would like to be able to copy to selected shots without need to group first.
While we're at it, how about being able to append selected node to selected shots?

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on May 19, 2013 at 12:24:21 am

You can apply a saved grade (still) to multiple shots just by selecting them and middle
Clicking on the saved still. No need
To group. I do this every day. It works.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on May 19, 2013 at 3:02:50 am

Interesting. How do you propose you select saved still in Light Box node?
Also, I'd like to be able to copy a grade from the timeline. This way there is no need to do a two step dance with first saving a still and then copying it to multiple selected shots.

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on May 19, 2013 at 5:33:46 am

Control surface access to memories as in previous post

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on May 19, 2013 at 8:07:17 pm

It's still lame. Instead of being able to just copy the grade from the timeline, you need first return back to the timeline, copy the grade from the timeline to the memory, return back to LightBox and only then you can copy it. As I said, lame. But if you like clicking many buttons, hey...

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on May 21, 2013 at 12:24:43 am

At least with the JL Cooper this is incorrect. All in the lightroom it is just a matter of a copy and paste like pattern. 1. Save grade (copy to mem - which is natively suported on the panel). 2. Select the clips you want to copy the grade to (no need for grouping - just highlight continuous or non continuous group of clips). 3. Apply the memory.

In other words, copy, select target and paste.

So....just leave one memory slot (probably A) as your ever changing "clipboard" where you copy currently desired grades for pasting and you have the functionality you desire....

QED

Return to posts index

Mark Longchamps
on May 21, 2013 at 1:00:18 am

Thanks. We have a wave controller so I wonder if it will work. I will give this a go tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on May 20, 2013 at 12:13:45 am

Hi Jake,

Middle click on a timeline event lets you copy the grade.

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on May 22, 2013 at 12:25:07 am

Hi Rohit.
Yes, I know. I'd like to have the same capability to be able to copy grade from the timeline to multiple shots without grouping. If you copy grade from the timeline, the grade gets copied only to the first shot. If you copy from the Mem, then it copies to all shots. Why can't we have it copy to all shots from the timeline?
So, to answer Andrew. This way, you don't have to get out of LightBox, save the grade to Mem, return to LightBox and only then copy to multiple shots. Couple extra steps avoided, multiplied by couple dozen every session, not bad time savings...

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on May 22, 2013 at 2:45:40 am

Sure.... But to make the point again....With control surface you don't have to leave lightroom

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on May 22, 2013 at 3:11:28 am

Cool, it does work. So now instead of two step is a one step dance. No need to get out of Lightbox. Still would prefer to just copy from the timeline, rather than doing the intermediate Mem save and than copy.

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on May 22, 2013 at 4:58:29 am

Yeah would be nice....I think the main thing is not having to go in and out of light box though...I believe V10 will add more access to grading functionality from light box boy don't know exactly what we will be getting...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]