FORUMS: list search recent posts

Round trip issues Final Cut 7 --> Resolve LITE 9 and back XML

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Reimer
Round trip issues Final Cut 7 --> Resolve LITE 9 and back XML
on May 5, 2013 at 2:11:08 pm

I've output a project in XML format - colored it and and then export it back out under the settings of "XML roundtrip" etc. checked individual files, gave it its own folder to live in and then pressed export. Then when i open up FCP I import xml - but now I can only find the folder of files WITHOUT an xml file. I'm mildly terrified.

as a safety I tried to put out the file as a single Quicktime file but that failed. (can't remember the message off hand.) Now i'm starting to freak out a little since this project is due tomorrow.

I'm wondering if there is a way to output the xml from final cut again without destroying the work we've done?

the few times it's come into FCP it's the non-colored version.
Anyway. probably doing something very simple wrong.

help.

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: ound trip issues Final Cut 7 --> Resolve LITE 9 and back XML
on May 6, 2013 at 4:36:32 pm

You need to export an xml out of Resolve, not fcp! Go to your graded (and exported) timeline in the conform page, rightclick and export xml. You can now open that in FCP.

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

Jason Reimer
on May 9, 2013 at 3:48:16 pm

Thanks! Did the trick !

Return to posts index

Nardo Gece
on Jul 9, 2014 at 6:33:16 pm

I've an issue when importing the xml file into FCP 7. The file loads without problems onto the timeline, however it loads without ANY of the color grading done by the color corrector... Is there a setting I need to adjust on FCP 7 so that the xml on the timeline is linked to the color corrected clips and not to the original ones?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]