FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci avid workflow with Red. Half of the clips go black in avid.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesper lundstrom
Davinci avid workflow with Red. Half of the clips go black in avid.
on May 2, 2013 at 10:10:12 am

The files im working with are 4k red raw.

Im using Davinci resolve 9 for as a roundtrip to avid mc 6.5.

The Davinci project is set for data levels, and avid 1080p Rgb.

Im exporting the clips from davinci as dnxhd 36 with full dynamic range.

After ive converted the the material, I move my clips into avid media files folder. Then I import the AAF created by davinci into avid.

But here is where the problem comes, about half off my clips are black in avid for some reason.

I also tried draging them in from the media tool, but it didnt work.

Does anybody have a clue whats wrong or what I could do instead?

Im trying to convert 1 days material at a time(about 11 cf cards of material)

Thanks //Jesper


Return to posts index

jesper lundstrom
Re: Davinci avid workflow with Red. Half of the clips go black in avid.
on May 4, 2013 at 11:06:27 am

Ok,with Some mayor reading and testing and analyzing done I guess i figured out what the problem was.

My Cf card reader did mess up. Corrupt frames and stuff messes with my transcodes.

Well my solution to this is to transcode less material at a time(1card at a time)and at a really low speed 5fps.

If this is a good solution I dont know, but its the only 1 I found out. Getting the clips back to online I dont even want to think about yet. But since my project is only for school, its better I get an edit done with dnxhd36 than no edit with better quality.


Return to posts index

jesper lundstrom
Re: Davinci avid workflow with Red. Half of the clips go black in avid.
on Jun 1, 2013 at 11:55:34 am

Since I dont wanna leave missleading information here. It does not work to lower the export maximum fps number.

Some r3d files were corrupt and once davinci passed one of these corrupt files it shut down.

So I had to break it down to pieces /days/cards/files. the corrupt files just made davinci crash.

Then when I had located all my corrupt files i tried to force export them using Redcinex on a redrocket machine, theese clips i converted from redcine x to prores444.

Every clip didnt work to export but I atleast some usefull material back.

In prores you could see the corrupt frames half of the pictures as pixelated and so, but I got to use the bits that was not.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]