Clips are not being found

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aimie Burns
Clips are not being found
on Apr 30, 2013 at 3:50:56 pm

Hi,

I am working in Avid Symphony 6.0 - and DaVinci Lite 9.1

In my Avid project I have Nikon D800 Footage and Pansonic P2 footage. Most of it was shot at 24fps, though some at 60fps. Working in a 24p project.

I have transcoded my footage to DNxHD - nothing is linked via AMA.
I have also tried consolidating my sequence onto a separate drive - making sure all media is in one place. I have tried setting my AAF to link to, and copy media to same folder options.

Every time I bring in the AAF into DaVinci - it says it can't find 25 of 67 clips.

I also tried removing all of my effects off of my clips to see if that was causing the issue, and I'm still getting the same error message.

Any help would be greatly appareciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Clips are not being found
on Apr 30, 2013 at 4:31:49 pm

First thing to do is to browse directly to the folder where your clips should be to confirm that Resolve can see them at all. Simplest possibility is that the clips were exported with a hidden or no suffix.

You can right click on the imported sequence to export a "missing clips" list. Worth a try to see if some kind of trend emerges if any of the clips share some problematic characteristic.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Aimie Burns
on Apr 30, 2013 at 5:10:13 pm

Thanks JPo,

It gives m the option to export a "missing clips EDL" which doesn't give me the information you were referring too.

Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Apr 30, 2013 at 5:32:22 pm

Nothing "offline"?

Have you tried the browse option to see if the clips that are missing are visible?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Apr 30, 2013 at 6:59:04 pm

Have you simply added the MXF folder containing the media to the media pool manually - I find this usually does the trick.

S

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Apr 30, 2013 at 7:00:00 pm

Also in conform options ensure that "handle mixed rate material" is selected when you first create the project.

AS

Return to posts index

Aimie Burns
on Apr 30, 2013 at 7:03:45 pm

Hi, yeah, i've tried manually adding the MXF media. But I have not tried the "ensure mixed frame rates" option - where is that? I'm fairly sure that that is my problem.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Apr 30, 2013 at 7:15:53 pm

Project Settings (cog button in lower left of DAVINCI main window) / Master Project Settings / Conform Options

You will probably need to start a new project and set it before you import anything - once you have timelines in the project I don't think it allows you to change this setting.

AS

Return to posts index

Aimie Burns
on Apr 30, 2013 at 7:45:12 pm

Great, thanks Andrew - I'll give this a shot.

Return to posts index

Aimie Burns
on Jun 3, 2013 at 8:16:18 pm

Hi Andrew,

I made a new project, and selected "enable mixed framerates' and I'm still having the same issue. Once I have imported the footage, and I check my project settings, the option for "mixed framerates" is still checked, but it is greyed out.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on May 8, 2013 at 10:54:06 pm

If you are really using Resolve Lite 9.1, on a Mac, it has issues with DNxHD files not being recognized. Only 9.1 Lite for Mac had this issue. You should be using the current 9.1.3 Lite version available on the BMD web site.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Aimie Burns
on May 9, 2013 at 1:45:55 pm

Thanks Dwaine,

I am using Resolve Lite 9.1.3lite.019

Return to posts index

Gregory Dillard
on May 13, 2013 at 11:02:47 pm

I am having the same issue. I have the Canon c300 and I shot an entire project using the 720p 60fps all slo mo. My workflow is FCP X, then export an XML to DaVinci RESOLVE. I did change the settings to "handle mixed format" and it still shows up as saying all of my clips can't be found." This only happens when I use the slo mo clips from the Canon c300, which are 720p 60fps. For the record when bring in an XML thats 1080 it works like a charm. I tried to see if I could just import the clips and that works also. Why isn't the XML working? Thank you in advance.

Gregory Dillard
grapeseeker.tv

Return to posts index

James Hark
on Jul 13, 2016 at 5:21:15 pm

did you ever find a solution!?!? Im having this EXACT problem with my 70D!

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Jul 13, 2016 at 9:53:51 pm

If you browse to the clip location in the Media page Library/Media Storage area, do you see the files listed?

If so, if you select one, do you see it in the viewer?

What type of files?

What version of Resolve?

What type of system and OS?

Do other files, like ProRes work OK?

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

James Hark
on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:23:39 pm

Thanks for your response!

No they aren't in the media pool.

"What type of files?" I shoot with a Canon 70D, So I use 1920x1080 24fps for anything not slow motion. I use 1280x720 60 fps for slow motion shots. Its the slow motion shots that are not loading.

Version is 12.3.2.008

Using PC with Windows 10 if thats what you mean by system

Yes ProRes files work I have had them before. But I think I ran into a similar issue with different frames and resolutions. But forget that for now please. I am really concerned with how to get my 720 60 fps frames to import with the rest of my clips in the .xml file I am trying to load in from Sony Vegas.

It says no overlap between specified target timecodes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]