FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pass thru audio fixed?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathon Lee
Pass thru audio fixed?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 5:23:39 pm

I found some threads on this, however, I thought that this was fixed now??

When I select "pass thru" for the audio configuration on the delivery page the audio that is passed thru is not "exactly" the same with regard to channel configuration. For instance, I have clips with 4 mono and 8 mono channels. After the render the audio is grouped as stereo pairs... That is not really a problem, just something that I noticed was making the audio not a true "pass thru". The big problem is that all of the audio is summed to mono on the first audio channel with all of the other audio channels being silent.

The ProRes files have from 2-8 audio channels on them. Does the Resolve timeline only want to deal with a single audio configuration at a time? Do I need to group all of the 2-channel, all of the 4-channel etc into their own timelines in order for the audio to be passed correctly? I looked and looked and I could not find any audio configuration tools or parameters other then the audio enable parameter in the setup window.

I'm exporting clip per shot mode back to ProRes. I usually don't care about audio out from Resolve, but these were green screens that needed to be fixed and would be dropped back into the offline. I ended up reintegrating the correct audio externally, but that was extraordinarily inconvenient. ;)

Any help appreciated.

thanks,

Jonathon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]