FORUMS: list search recent posts

paid support option

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toby Risk
paid support option
on Apr 25, 2013 at 2:17:00 am

Hi
I'm sure I've seen this discussed before, but I can't find the thread or any links on BMD's website.

Is there a paid telephone support option for Resolve, and where can I find the information?

Thanks

Toby

Colourist | Editor | Post-Production Consultant -- 23 years at the post-production coalface, and still loving it.

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
Re: paid support option
on Apr 25, 2013 at 3:28:03 am

Paid professional support for software tools is *so* 1990's!

(or at least that's the impression I get, the way the rest of the industry is going...)

Count me in as someone who WANTS to pay for his tools, and the requisite professional level support that's generally required for them.

That said, the BMD Resolve team has been incredibly responsive and generally timely with the support they've given me since the Da Vinci acquisition. I'm very impressed. Although I do wish they offered a more solid and sustainable revenue model (read: higher prices for the software and/or paid support contracts) that does not depend on the success of the BMD Cinema Camera or Decklink cards in order to maintain the development of Resolve itself.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 25, 2013 at 3:07:06 pm

There is a new form of paid support/ support contract available. And that is a VAR. A Value Added Reseller. Someone who design, puts together, delivers and then subsequently supports a system for you. You pay a little bit more, but you get a box designed to work, and you get a number you can call when it doesn't.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Apr 26, 2013 at 4:24:19 pm

Otherwise, its us.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on May 2, 2013 at 10:44:17 pm

Most "VARs" I know have little to no ability to do anything but upsell you on stuff you don't really need. Exceptions are rare.

Return to posts index

Rich Montez
on May 4, 2013 at 6:54:51 pm

Hi,

We are a unique VAR and specialize in Resolve. I'd venture to say we have built more Resolve systems than any other.

Rich Montez
Whipping Post Services Inc.
1450 North El Camino Real #C
San Clemente, CA 92672

http://www.Whipping-Post.com

949-388-5244
Rich@Whipping-post.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]