FORUMS: list search recent posts

FInal renders (with audio and titles) in Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
FInal renders (with audio and titles) in Resolve?
on Apr 22, 2013 at 9:16:44 pm

In all the round trip tutorials I've gone thru it seems that they all end with a render +XML to go back to your NLE.

But isn't it possible to do your FINAl render in Resolve, including audio and any titles?

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Hendro Setyo
Re: FInal renders (with audio and titles) in Resolve?
on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:09:49 am

Hi Jim,

I'm guessing that you are using Resolve 9

Yes you can. You can manually add your titles on your timeline just like any NLE. Cut, Paste, Splice and what have you. As long as your titles have Alpha or just on black. Depends on your design. But technically you can put in titles. But I think you can only do that with a moving picture. Either render your titles to ProRes or other codec that's acceptable in Resolve.

For Audio, Yes as well. You can enable or disable audio in the preference. You can link up your audio in the Conform Window and Render with it at the Delivery Window

When you are importing your file at the Media Window, make sure that you create a new folder for your titles and sound. This is to prevent conflicts from you other footage.

Hope that helps, Cheers.

Hendro Setyo W.
Colorist
VHQ Post (M) Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
Setyo's Reel Vimeo

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:28:05 pm

Wow, that rocks! Only question mark left in my workflow is whether to use Resolve for ingesting my 4K footage and creating offline proxies for editing, or to create my proxies manually first.

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Hendro Setyo
on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:39:50 am

Yeah, I believe you should use Resolve to render the footage for offline. This is the steps I usually do.

*At the Project Setup, go to the Reel Number and put this code */%R*.*_*

*This code is to determine what will your reel number be for your Footage. This case the same Reel Number as the R3D file.

*Choose a Quarter-Res for your RED Debayer, this is to prevent long render. Since it's just for offline.

*Create a new folder in the Media Pool. If it's divided into more than One Day or more than One Camera, I would put them in a respected folders I create in the Media Pool. Example, Cam_01 has 3 days of shoot. so I put them in Cam_01 folder and inside I Create Day_01. And so on...

*Create One (Empty) Timeline for One Cam, One Day. Select the footage and Append to the respective Timeline. This way I would have all the same scenes arranged in timecode base, and easier to do One-Light for the shots.

*At the Delivery (Render) Page, Choose your setup, either ProRes or DNX, and add Job for every Timeline.

For a test before you go on edit, after you've done with all the setup, may be try render one or two clips and cut a bit here and there at your NLE. export the EDL and import it back to Resolve to conform. Remember to use the */%R*.*_* code for conforming. This way you'll know if your conform will be solid or not in the future before grading starts.

wow, sorry I didn't realize I've type so many steps. I'm still considered new as well. Sorry if it doesn't work or not. This is just been my workflow for me and my team here. I hope it helps you out.

:-)
Setyo

Hendro Setyo W.
Colorist
VHQ Post (M) Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
Setyo's Reel Vimeo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]