FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to import Davinci Layout into EuControl?? For Avid MC Color

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Osterday
How to import Davinci Layout into EuControl?? For Avid MC Color
on Apr 22, 2013 at 2:40:59 pm

Ive got the manuals with the button presets and the layouts and what not. But my MC Color shows nothing when Davinci is booted in the way of what those presets are. Some of the F buttons have functions. Some don't.

I can copy and hand program these functions:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/4662791/DaVinci%20Resolve%20AvidArtis...

but isn't there a way to just import all of the default MC Color functions that BMD offers for that panel within Resolve 9? Also, is there a way to import other layouts. For the life of me I can't seem to find that option within EuControl settings. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jason Osterday
Re: How to import Davinci Layout into EuControl?? For Avid MC Color
on Apr 22, 2013 at 3:47:27 pm

Also, it seems my Bank Keys are not functioning and my "right" shift executes the same command as my left. How do I get EuControl to differentiate these?

Return to posts index

Ben Scott
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:10:54 pm

you cant remap it

when pressing the shift keys press once, ignore the lights they dont mean anything, then press the buttons you want

on the artist panel the bank buttons are used as modifier keys for additional button options like the right and left shift

the mapping is ok, it really needs some sort of shuttle control to be as useful as it could be

Return to posts index

Jason Osterday
on Apr 22, 2013 at 9:20:53 pm

So do the "Bank" buttons function in Resolve? The PDF from BMD for the MC Color shows operations mapped to the Bank Keys. So I assumed they were functional.

Return to posts index

Ronen Pestes
on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:31:39 am

if your panel not lighting with the resolve fanctions you might need to reinstall the eucontrol application.
you got about 60 mapped keys with the Mc Color and resolve and can actually remap the 1st layer of the (9) soft keys only.

you can search the cow for a label templet I created for the MC color.

Ronen

Return to posts index

Jason Osterday
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:41:49 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I've installed EuControl on 3 or 4 machines and get the same results every time. It "sees" resolve but when you open the customization window it doesn't have any of the buttons labeled. The functions seem to work but it doesn't look like a "template" that MC Color is implementing for Resolve.

Also, why does BMD show the "bank" buttons as having a function in their official PDF but they don't actually work?

Return to posts index

Lee Eaton
on Apr 23, 2013 at 7:36:55 pm

None of the buttons are labeled like they were in say, Apple Color. I think it's because resolve's mapping for third party panels is located somewhere in the program itself. you can compare the differences in the control panel xml files located in the resolve package.

you can type in the labels yourself but eucon doesnt differentiate between left and right shift keys like resolve does. It's pretty half-assed but least resolve supports it. Hopefully in v10 there will be some ability to customize.

2008 MacPro 2 x 2.8 Quad Xeon
14GB RAM
1. ATI Radeon HD 5770
2. Nvidia GeForce GTX 470
3. none
4. Blackmagic Decklink HD Pro(DL)
Euphonix MC Color
OSX 10.8
Resolve 9

Return to posts index

Jason Osterday
on Apr 23, 2013 at 7:57:18 pm

So in other words the Bank buttons and the right shift does not work properly? Strange that they printed that PDF with the breakdown but don't allow any of it to be customized. Or perhaps that is on EuCon's end?

Return to posts index

Lee Eaton
on Apr 24, 2013 at 2:54:52 pm

The bank and the right shift keys work perfectly, they are just not identified with a description in Eucon. You dont have to hold the shift key and the F keys at the same time. Press either bank or shift key and it will hold until you press another key. Ignore the light on the shift keys. Since resolve was able to 'hack' the shift keys to differentiate right and left, the light is meaningless. The panel has all the functionality that Resolve makes available to it and plenty of folks are using it without issue.

That said, I had a bit of trouble with getting it to work properly until I disabled the mac firewall. On my system at least it seems to help to turn the panel on first and wait until the avid logo disappears as it gets an ip address and then start Eucon. Wait until the icon stops spinning and then start resolve. Maybe it's a bunch of voodoo but it worked for me.

You might want to try a reinstall. Fully uninstall Eucon restart the computer.
And then:

1. Install eucon and then restart computer again.
2. open resolve
3. set your control surface to 'none' in resolve preferences.
4. exit resolve.
5. restart resolve choose artist color.
6. restart resolve.

2008 MacPro 2 x 2.8 Quad Xeon
14GB RAM
1. ATI Radeon HD 5770
2. Nvidia GeForce GTX 470
3. none
4. Blackmagic Decklink HD Pro(DL)
Euphonix MC Color
OSX 10.8
Resolve 9

Return to posts index

Jason Osterday
on May 3, 2013 at 12:35:13 pm

Just wanted to update and say big thanks to Lee! This has breathed new life into the artist panel. Before I had to lose 3 sets of buttons (banks + right shift). AND none of my "window" knobs worked. This worked like a charm:

1. Install eucon and then restart computer again.
2. open resolve
3. set your control surface to 'none' in resolve preferences.
4. exit resolve.
5. restart resolve choose artist color.
6. restart resolve.

In addition I did the following:
Connected to port 1
Powered up the board first then did all the installs
Once Eucon is installed always run it before opening Resolve (and power up the panel before Eucon)
Used a standard Ethernet cable. Zero issues so far. Connects every time.

Thanks guys for the help. Now here's my next question - How do I change the right shift and bank presets? Eucon only allows me to do the F buttons and one set of shift presets. The template also doesn't show what keyboard key it is mapped to it just shows "F3" and so forth rather than "F3 does ALT-D". I'm going to try ControllerMate next.

Return to posts index

Ronen Pestes
on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:39:49 pm

Are you using the crossover cable that was provided with the panel?

You have 9 soft keys plus right/left shift keys (27) plus F1 and F2 banks for each soft key.

Plus the tabs/room knobs.

Ronen

Return to posts index

Jason Osterday
on Apr 23, 2013 at 11:46:11 pm

I'm using a cat 5 Ethernet cable. The specific crossover cable matters here?

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
on Apr 23, 2013 at 11:48:30 pm

Mac's can auto-negotiate ethernet connections, so you don't need a crossover cable.

e

Eric Hansen
Production Workflow Designer / Consultant / Colorist / DIT
http://www.erichansen.tv

Return to posts index

Ronen Pestes
on Apr 24, 2013 at 12:15:45 am

I have noticed issues when not using a crossover cable when connected directly to the Mac. it is also recommended to use port 1.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]